#11  
Old 28th May 2009, 02:39 PM
CA5 CA5 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 201
Default

Lol, I love "questionable" posters.
  #12  
Old 29th May 2009, 08:53 PM
RadeonUser's Avatar
RadeonUser RadeonUser is offline
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsilonv View Post
I read your first sentence and it showed that you failed to even read my post.. so I did the same with yours. I already explained why I posted this.. and it's not just to stir trouble.
I actually did read your post and you make me regret spending the hour and a half that went into the response.

You see, I've been a beta tester since PJ64 1.2 (or is it 1.3? I forget) and have a certain level of pride associated with anything that I do on PJ64. That pride forces me to try and respond in the most professional manner my current state of mind allows.

I'm tired however and after a few months of arguing with idiots I simply don't have much mental reserve left.

So I'll make use of one of Squall's messages here...
"go throw yourself in front of a bus "
Cause seriously that response is the same level of respect that you're showing.

I seriously must have been out of mind to think the original poster wanted to exchange opinions in an intelligent and respectful manner...
*Stares at the sign that reads 'Welcome to the Internet' and curses silently*
__________________
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600
Ram: 4GB DDR2
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Sound Card: On-Board Realtek ALC889A
  #13  
Old 29th May 2009, 10:24 PM
squall_leonhart's Avatar
squall_leonhart squall_leonhart is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,916
Default

Don't worry, I called the mario brothers, our internet pipes will be clean soon!
__________________

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
  #14  
Old 30th May 2009, 12:42 AM
zilmar zilmar is offline
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsilonv View Post
Dude seriously, just dig a grave to this project... it's been half dead for half it's life and you have it barely on life support with the money form the people that bought the beta. We all loved you PJ64, which is also the reason why you should die in peace. RIP
I know I do not get to work on it as much these days, some times heavily for 3-6 months, sometimes not really touching it for 6-9 months. When I was developing 1.0-1.4 I was spending about 40 hours a week on it for at least 18 months.

You would prefer I just not work on it ever again, since I can not live up to the original dedication I had to it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsilonv View Post
As a side note, I don't know how much progress has been made, but there is a certain attitude you must have about donations. If you are going to take them, then you have a responsibility to do your best. If you have a busy life, that's fine, but don't take donations. I'm not complaining, since I didn't even donate (Which I guess doesn't make me worthy of a beta), but given the 3 updates in a year.. it seems a little disrespectful and not very honorable, but I might be completely wrong regarding the progress that is made behind the scenes.
With out the donations, the project would have been completely dead, maybe you think the semi alive, maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsilonv View Post
Anyways, RIP PJ64. I might sound like a douche.. and I don't care. But I want to make it clear that I really appreciate all that the creators have done, even if I don't approve of certain aspects of their methods. And I'm ready for FLAME .
If you want to think it dead, then go ahead and do so. 1.6 is still excellent and works great in most cases. The problem with 1.6 is there is a lot of architecture problems in the code which makes it hard to really push it much beyond it is current state. So while 1.7 might not seem to be much better, even possibly worse in some cases, it would be because so much of the code has been re-written. Still more needs to be redone as well.

So I assume you like the idea of being dead .. and so you really think it would have been better that it just had died completely with no chance of ever getting a new version?
  #15  
Old 30th May 2009, 10:01 AM
mudlord/RED mudlord/RED is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
You clearly have very serious issues with understanding what people say.
You were saying that to everyone else too. So how is this different?

Quote:
And I don't want to get everything for free. This is something you don't understand, my problem is not that you take donations.. but that those donations are very disrespectful. If you take donations you have an OBLIGATION to do your best... If you don't see an obligation the you have some serious social misunderstandings and need to get out of your cave more.
Obviously my braindead friend who eats shit, you have a lot to learn. These people are doing things out of the goodness of thier own hearts. You think they are not entitled to do what they like with what they make?


Quote:
And you have a serious superiority complex man
Listen here scumbag, since you are being a troll, I am allowed to be one back!

Quote:
get down from your throne and realize that the crap you've made is not that awesome. No, you are not a god.. not by a long shot.
Fuck no retard, I am quite happy sitting on this "throne". And you are wrong, my stuff is not awesome, ITS SHIT! Compared to what Jabo does, its all a fucking hack! So you talk to me PROPERLY. Its not crap, ITS UTTER SHIT!

I know I am not a god fucktard, I am a retarded, fucked-in-the-head troll. Get used to it or fuck off and die like squall said.
  #16  
Old 30th May 2009, 10:02 AM
mudlord/RED mudlord/RED is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?
Apparently. They want a shotgun to the head of the project to make them happy.
  #17  
Old 30th May 2009, 09:44 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

BAHaha ! Finish us off.

"Apparently. They want a shotgun to the head of the project to make them happy."
Hm you know the way things work is they kinda sock you in the back of the head with a paper ball, and then they just, you know, catch your attention first.

See he hasn't really carried out either of those procedures. He may have waited after socking you but you know that's sorta because he didn't really have a shotgun. Aw crap what have I done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilmar
You would prefer I just not work on it ever again, since I can not live up to the original dedication I had to it ?

With out the donations, the project would have been completely dead, maybe you think the semi alive, maybe you like to call it a semi zombie state is worse then a dead status ?

So I assume you like the idea of being dead .. and so you really think it would have been better that it just had died completely with no chance of ever getting a new version?
Consistency means nothing without love. Why live two incomplete lives over one complete life?

Zombies rape each other.
Once the world around them is destroyed, if they don't rest, they'll be in each others' way eventually.
Thankfully it's not a zombie; other people care about it. People posting all kinds of help or info, even after a project gets discontinued, shows it must be alive. Function without life would be nothing but emptiness.

No way!! I sure as hell don't want to be dead! Damn that would suck, and if I am not a virgin I wanna know. Project64 should stay alive for as long as it can!
Fools! It's been alive! When did it die?
The baby pigs are not around it yet. Uh Mr. Syrup's gone on vacation but if you kill it when he gets back everybody happy No.
It works fine to me (besides the God-damned beta), and when changes are being made to the emulator, it lives even stronger!
  #18  
Old 10th June 2009, 11:39 PM
ipsilonv ipsilonv is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14
Default

@Mudlord
... The fact that you and Squall_Leonhart don't understand the issue here, shows that either you are spoiled kids who have learned nothing about respect for people and money, or you are pieces of shit that just don't give a crap about others. And if you really feel important, then good for you. It's not simple to lie to oneself into believe one is worth something for being nothing. Because trust me, when you are in a place like the Internet, where no one knows who you really are.. you are nothing. You are probably that sort of person that believes his cyber-friends are his real friends, that's how you get raped FYI.

@RadeonUser
If you are going to call me an idiot, please tell me why. If what I said is wrong (which no one has proved) then tell me why, even though that still doesn't make me an idiot.. by definition. I said you didn't read my post because you said that I only wanted to stir trouble... which I had already addressed, and has never been my sole intention. Ask again if you didn't understand, but don't answer with a non-answer.

@ShadowFX
Yes.. it counters, if you don't see this, then you need to buy a dictionary.. the link they provided for the definition of "buy" proves my point.

@Everyone who responded trying to answer my concerns i.e. Zilmar and rswedlow

My concern is with how you take donations and barely work on this. What you have done in the past is done.. but right now there is no tangible progress. At least none that is worth taking donations over. If you are going to take donations in such a way, then it's better that the project be dead. I almost donated at some point, which is why I feel mildly identified. The fact is, if the people that donated don't care about those 20 bucks, then they are really spoiled brats. I'm not happy at the fact that I had to write all this, since I really respected you guys. But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful. Donating doesn't mean a project will get done, but it means the creators will do their best by taking hard earn money from people who enjoyed their work. This is hardly the case here, at least the last few years. If you can't work on it enough, don't take donations, it's as simple as that. If that means the project is dead... then so be it. Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money.
  #19  
Old 10th June 2009, 11:54 PM
mudlord/RED mudlord/RED is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
or you are pieces of shit that just don't give a crap about others.
BINGO! 3 points to Mr Obvious!

Quote:
when you are in a place like the Internet, where no one knows who you really are.. you are nothing.
And even if people know you, you are still a rotting piece of shit compared to others. Because, who would want to know someone who trolls, leaks, and is a utter retard like me huh? You somehow answer that and you would amaze me.

Quote:
that's how you get raped FYI.
Who friggin' cares? I won't be happy until 4chan's Internet Hate Machine comes and bashes my door in and kills me. And trust me, thats a completely open opportunity. I know some of you people hate me that much. So, go ahead. PROVE IT! I love random acts of violence, don't you? I love random phone calls too, they are so funny sometimes.

And I love trolls vs trolls! Who will win, you?

Last edited by mudlord/RED; 10th June 2009 at 11:59 PM.
  #20  
Old 11th June 2009, 02:08 AM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,256
Default

Sorry I wasn't able to sympathize...this update though is where I began to get confused. Walk me through this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsilonv
My concern is with how you take donations and barely work on this. What you have done in the past is done.. but right now there is no tangible progress. At least none that is worth taking donations over. If you are going to take donations in such a way, then it's better that the project be dead. I almost donated at some point, which is why I feel mildly identified. The fact is, if the people that donated don't care about those 20 bucks, then they are really spoiled brats. I'm not happy at the fact that I had to write all this, since I really respected you guys. But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful. Donating doesn't mean a project will get done, but it means the creators will do their best by taking hard earn money from people who enjoyed their work. This is hardly the case here, at least the last few years. If you can't work on it enough, don't take donations, it's as simple as that. If that means the project is dead... then so be it. Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money.
You are focused on why zilmar takes donations but (namely at times of job tensity in life) works none to very little on the project.
Let's say that wasn't the condition. Let's imagine he didn't take donations, but the later is still true about working much less with Project64.
Compare that to taking donations and working less...but receiving a weekly donations rate of 0 per week. One reason this is an important idea is because, that's more the current issue.
Another reason is because, if you still, by definition, classify that as a problem, I want to ask you something. Are you aware the donations system is to help continue Project64 development--in ways of expressing care, motivating, and the hearty idea of being able to work less irl hours over developing Project64--instead of just plain, selling it?
If they just wanted to "sell" it...even now, if no development is being done, I'm confused as to why this is a bad thing. No one's buying something that doesn't exist (a new beta that hasn't been made or released yet), so there's no rip-off involved here? If you give the donations just for the beta, on your will, then by intentions, it's definitively "buying" the software, but in this case, you are not buying "the beta".
You are buying access to all beta versions--past and present--which is crucial to help with development using such a supply of information.
It's not like, you buy the current beta, and it doesn't exist yet because zilmar never made it due to inactive development (sub-level due to lacking in donations but more to work tension in real life), so I'm confused as to why this is so wrong.

I am not trying to challenge you, but if I can't, defend those who have helped me out, (Like I don't make the software, but I was sort of hired here due to some background.) I just want to see your perspective.
At least, to help you out given no one else in this thread does, just to learn from you.

"But I think that taking donations in such a way is as I've stated many times, disrespectful....Just because you want to keep up you're precious work doesn't mean you can do it at the expense of others with little to no concern for their efforts or money."

What I do find disrespectful, is calling it "generous offer". By giving the beta software--an incomplete and often unstable, buggy, and quality-misinforming version of the software--to just anyone who, for any reason, decides to donate. That conforms to your second statement quoted here, in the idea of misleading them to think of just the beta as a reward to pay for, instead of donating to respect and encourage development.
You and I have sympathized over how "pay" is defined, but what about "donation"? How many donations (like medical help, personally treating depression, just not like software) do you know of that give you something in turn, that is at risk of the donating one just giving the money for? Why would you deceive someone like that, to cheat nature's aim that you raise money by collecting spirit from other humans, to accomplish some goal? You want their honest intention to have true statistics on your success.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.