Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 11th June 2016, 12:29 PM

Default Perfect Dark Glide64 plugin issue

Hey guys so using Glide64 'Final' May 2012 plugin for perfect dark, the camspy comes up with a black screen and night vision is a little disorienting, can't really say how but its like half lift up half not in like 1 line yes 1 line not.

Anyway when i turn off hardware frame buffer emulation the camspy works. Problem is that the game goes down to like 1 FPS a second even without the camspy active.

Glide3x.dll is in my project 64 folder but the wrapper folder seems empty? If thats of anything important.

Im also running the game at Custom factor = 1

Specs: CPU: I5 2500k.
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780
RAM: 8GB
Old 11th June 2016, 05:15 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Glide64 Final is slow. I don't think you can really do much about that. I recommend upgrading to Project64 2.3 though, once it comes out.

I'm guessing you are getting 1 FPS because you enabled framebuffer emulation (which is very slow in some cases). Just try playing around with the options until you get the most preferred results.
Old 12th June 2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Glide64 Final is slow. I don't think you can really do much about that. I recommend upgrading to Project64 2.3 though, once it comes out.

I'm guessing you are getting 1 FPS because you enabled framebuffer emulation (which is very slow in some cases). Just try playing around with the options until you get the most preferred results.
Nah enabling the hardware frame buffer emulation is what solves it but causes the camspy/ nightvision error etc. I mean i can complete the missions without them cos camspy you really just have to be in front and keep spamming, but no drugspy on airbase is such a disadvantage that and Night vision on crash site. I dunno if i really want to upgrade to the 2.0 versions though.

Tried jabo direct3d8 1.6 camspy seemed to work if i had the copy framebuffer to RDRAM option ticked. but doesn't seem to ahve an option like that in Glide hmm...

EDIT: I seem to have figured it out! Under emulation settings theres an option called Buffer swapping method (options old, new, hybrid) which by default is set to "Hybrid" (was set for Paper Mario i believe because of the flickering while moving issues the game had). I changed it to "old" which did the same as one of the other options, reduced it to 1FPS, however when i switched it to "new" The camspy worked flawlessly. Anther problem has poped up though, just like Paper Mario, some missions have flickering, a good example is the Chicago Level (mission 5). I guess alternating with the game running would stop the issue but would be annoying.

Last edited by MajorFoley; 12th June 2016 at 02:44 PM.