Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 3rd March 2015, 04:18 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Any videos of Zelda Majora's Mask running off a genuine N64? I think for my recent comparisons I am most invested in that. Except I no longer have N64.

As for why your OP disappeared, it's because of an auto-spam-prevention measure for advertisements/bots that register and make only a few posts (usually less than 30) with links to external sites. So it got auto-moderated, might have to be careful to avoid pasting any url's that would get auto-hyperlinked.
Old 3rd March 2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Any videos of Zelda Majora's Mask running off a genuine N64? I think for my recent comparisons I am most invested in that.
I dont know how Majora's Mask looks on hardware N64, because I dont have it(only 3DS remake-port currently). Probably investigate it in future.

Off-topic:
Thanks for info.
Old 3rd March 2015, 06:12 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Here's a 3ds/n64 side by side comparison video of Majora's Mask. I imagine its from real hardware?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzJI_5jAnI8

Last edited by Frank74; 3rd March 2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 3rd March 2015, 06:15 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

i got another s-video cable recently. i can get pixel-accurate videos of any game you want hatcat
Old 4th March 2015, 12:47 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well dsx, I remember seeing some flickering geometry (nothing I'd put out of the question of real N64 behavior, but still, nice to make sure, see proof...) in a few spots while playing through Zelda MM start to finish.

In fact I don't really remember all of them.

One of them was when getting the Circus Leader's Mask and playing as Deku Link in the Milk Bar, you stand in his spot and there's like a flickering/missing line of deku link's body or something, or was it the spot he was standing on...forgot honestly.

Another was the very first time you beat Snowhead Temple, and it plays the cinema of Mountain Village returning to spring. The ladder that reveals itself (which formerly you needed Lens of Truth to see it during winter) has some flickering edges while the cinema rolls.

Another, is at the end of the Couple's Mask quest. While I'm sitting in Anju's room upstairs waiting for Kafei to get in the room, and standing right in front of the door using up-C to look at it, when Kafei finally does open the door right in front of my face there is some weird purple glow of flickering lightning effect that jitters on and off for a few seconds behind him, until he shuts the door completely and they give me the Couple's Mask.

So off the top of my head if you made a video of one of those 3 scenes on real n64 that could help.
Old 7th March 2015, 04:26 AM

Update:
- Added Donkey Kong 64 hardware let's play. (youtube link be included to the 1st post later)
- Added new videos of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time hardware let's play.
Old 7th March 2015, 04:36 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yeah HatCat i'll try to do those for you, and they won't be stretched and blurred either.
Old 29th March 2015, 09:29 AM

Added Perfect Dark hardware let's play.
Old 29th March 2015, 05:46 PM
Project Supporter

Can you test Gex 3?

On the emulated version, the credits are cut short, but I'm not sure if that really happens on the actual hardware, or if it's an emulation bug.

Could anyone record the credits? It can be recorded with anything, the point is to verify if the credits go all the way or if they cut short.

And by the way, there are no youtube videos of the credits from the actual console. All the credits found are from the emulated version.

If you have a gameshark, there is a code (810A5578 0016) will warp you to the last level (space themed). All you have to do is finish the last level (super easy, there aren't even enemies) and beat the last boss.
Old 29th March 2015, 06:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

About Majora's Mask,brainscratchcomms did a 100% run with an actual console,but I don't know if the player ever had the door in view when Kafei enters.

You can obviously catch the melting ice snowhead scene in one part of it.