Old 11th June 2009, 04:07 PM

Bah, conflicting viewpoints suck. I've had more 'it's fine' than 'yo' gonna die bee-hatch', so I think that I'll just go for it.

Besides, if they started arresting everyone who downloaded stuff illegally, then half the country would go down .
Old 14th June 2009, 12:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

@rswedlow
Thanks for the link, but I don't really care enough about the copyright issue to read it. I buy all my wii games, and I bought a very extensive list of N64 games. I don't feel downloading roms you owned is wrong, no matter what the real legal standpoint is. Zelda OoT might be worth 15 bucks on the virtual console.. but I won't pay for the exact game I already bought.

As a side note though, most of the times what they write is not entirely true. Its not a matter of the type of copyright, it's a matter of what the law states the company can and can't do. The companies a lot of times say things they can't enforce, they are scare tactics. And I know they do this for a fact.

@Kd.
It's a moral question.. it's what you think, not what others think. You have to decide whether it's right or wrong or you don't care. You won't get caught... at least not until we get sucked into a world-wide dictatorship that controls everything. If you are fine with it personally, then do it and don't worry about getting caught, cuz you won't.
Old 14th June 2009, 01:28 PM

Right, well I may as well. I mean, I paid my money (about a tenner each, but that's not the point xD) so I'm not paying out again. Besides, there are people with almost the entire N64 catalogue on their hard drives, none of which they own, that are completely fine.

Hell, I know one kid that has 20-odd games on his laptop. Does he own them? "I own most of them *shifty face*".
Old 15th June 2009, 07:10 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Good luck then, my adventurous friend.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:26 AM

i don't think nintendo is really bothert about it..
n64 would otherwise (kind of) be dead by now..
its good advertising and that way they can make emulators
for future hand held consoles...

let them figure it out and beta test it...
and maybe then we'll complain a little