Old 3rd December 2010, 04:59 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Holy crap I would know if I ever had floods close to that then, cause I barely wore short pants in my life (relatively somewhat but, usually sagging over my shoes).

Heh, well I'm finishing up English I , my only class this semester, with just 4 days of class left till I'm on break. I'm pretty sure starting Wednesday at the least it's going to snow and freeze again, but no pain no gain I guess especially for the last few days of school. Man, to hell with this face-to-face English stuff. My teacher's a positive person and all and entertaining, but seeing my work get falsely corrected for grammar and pathetic rhetorical questions (half of the time valid corrections to my style, the other half inattentive, jumpy reading) really pisses me off. I'm taking only mathematics, online classes next semester. I'm done walking and losing $17.50 per week just to listen to a lecture on a language my teacher apparently isn't further into mastering than I myself am.

Oh yeah, about the holidays and stuff though, basically any day off school is a holiday to me (or if it's a job I foolishly picked and do not like), cause then I get to work on my N64 compilations, do random trigonometry and derive stuff on paper, and prepare for upcoming chess tournaments.
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:11 PM
Project Supporter

Ouch. That would get pretty frustrating. I struggled with that during high school, so I have yet to take an English class since graduation.
I suppose you just have to remember they are doing their best, even if they are pricks when you address the issue.
My calculus professors screws up a lot with grading, and is taken aback when I let him know, but he always ends up fixing it.
Only four more days? I've got until December 18 . A buddy of mine back home was really into speed chess, but I never really played much at all. Did chess just sort of click for you?
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah it's stupid. Actually I'm getting between A- (AB in her terms) to B- range on most of my papers, so I'm pretty damn lucky. Regardless, coming from someone who doesn't always speak proper English while she's talking, I think getting a C- on papers with that many scribbles on them would annoy me less than getting a B+ or an A with the same crap. She's conversationally thick to like every time she asks the class for alternative points of view when thinking about a subject or question, most of the time she's just like "ok" and transforms what the student said into one of the items she was thinking of instead.

Oh and when I'd address an issue, she'd respond agreeably and cancel her idea of me making a grammar mistake and change her suggestion of it as stylistically controversial, but long story short, I've been at enough fault to deserve my ~B grade so far, and as far as I'm concerned after all of her communication errors while teaching the class, she's in no position to correct my written-form communication. I only bothered asking her about like, two corrections until I stopped caring.

Sorry I couldn't relate though to your struggling. Having all this skill confined to myself and misunderstood is better than your history of struggling, and I imagine you were under-graded as well unless your struggle was more conceptual with learning source material behind the work.

But, ironic to all that crap I just got done typing, I'm much more interested in chatting about chess, than anything to do with my thoughts about schooling here. It's probably Karma; I know I was aggressive when I went on the offensive in some issues. Putting up with this class is my chance to relinquish me of my past ignorance.

Yes, four days left, but I have class Mon/Wed/Fri. So my last day of school is 2010.12.10 Friday. It's a required class that I thought I would like (and thought right since I like the book much, much more than listening to the instructor), but it's just 3 credits. This is my first semester actually for a few reasons; it probably would have gone on till around Dec 18 like you said if the exam week wasn't cancelled and replaced with the final portfolio project.

I can't tell if chess clicked well for me. My parents are no good at chess, yet Russian Federation has been well-known for its line of strong chess players. When I first learned, the process was purely experimental and training myself using a computer; I never read anything about how to play or improve at chess for years. I lost every game I played at a Michigan chess club, though won most games outside of it and taught myself the endgame well. I could make this post twice its current size talking about the transition as to how I am as strong as I am now, but today let's just say that nobody online has ever beaten me for the past 3 years. I need to practice speed chess, though, cause I am very thorough in my analysis to increment my skill, but I need to be more efficient on time.

P.S. I wanted this post to be a lot, lot smaller, but I just couldn't decide how.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:18 PM
Project Supporter

The size of that post crashed my browser, so here I am on Firefox.
Kidding

If you accept challenges, my roommate is always bragging about his 1337 chess skillz, so putting him in his place would make my life.

It sounds like you have way too much knowledge about the English language to be stuck where you are now. At least it will be over soon. Smack that bitch across the face for me, plz.

Also, take no offense from the size of my post in comparison to yours. I lack basic conversational tactics.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

jk or not I LOL'd cause I kinda had an inclination to believe you

Oh hell it's fine. I need to get started on that paper that's due in class today...heh so if you write less I'll be less guided to write posts as long as the previous.

Heh I always get shy thoughts around her cause she's a nice person and stuff, just doesn't change the fact that inwardly I'm tired of her shit. Man I am so two-faced.

Well yes arrogant or not I'm nonetheless curious to get to know his level of skill. I can play anyway that he can, unless I have to register for some site which I don't like doing. I can text message moves back and forth, too...lmao that'd be awesome if I started a new thread on this forum where you post once for every move you make in new game.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:31 PM
Project Supporter

Not to interrupt your intellectual conversation but..

Did I say over time? Not that long. nine months? When whoever it was that was first born there's mother experienced cold, the baby that was currently being created inside of her... tummy was given the fact that it was a cold place and thus it developed all it needed. My older bro was born in South Carolina and he is very thin skinned.

My pants hang over my shoes too or.. sandals rather.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll read that article I found.. oh wait that's Swellow's post
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well that certainly is a biological explanation. I know little about genetical engineering and all the less compared to what I am interested to know about it, but I thought it had something to do with dormant genetic data that is only applied to the descendant. I think there was a term for that iirc?

Anyway the birth by the mother thing is something I know way less about haha needless to say.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:51 PM
Project Supporter

My roommate says he plays on Chess.com

Do you have an account there?
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Do not have an account there.

The only site that has chess on it that I'm registered on is yahoo.com (well MSN too but MSN chess sucks, doesn't let you pick opponents).

There are a few sites to play chess where registration isn't needed.

Also could do NetPlay or something, like hook up a multiplayer chess video game to Kaillera or something.

Last obviously is I can start a new thread on this forum and communicate the moves one-by-one lol. I don't think he'll like that idea though.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:57 PM
Project Supporter

He uses a MacBook (I can smell the piece of crap from here) and I don't know what would be compatible for both.
He says he's got an account on Yahoo. Game time?