Old 8th November 2008, 12:01 PM

Default Layers

I think a new feature should be added. Like the snes9x and others, i think you shoul dbe able to turn backgrounds/objects/renders on and off like you can with BG's and sprites. Maybe 1-9 buttons toggles on/off. The reason I say this is because I make my own guides to games, and pictures help out a lot more than the standard text guides, that are usually wrong, confusing, and pointless. But its hard to use pictures when you cant separate 1,000 pixels from each other. That would be much more helpful in my eyes. Another thing, my video card isn't the best, but all the games I play are too dark to even play, it has a brightness option to the emulator, but wont allow me to use the slider, this is frusterating because i'm not spending $100 for a new video card, there should be a simple brightness slider thats usable regardless of what video card you use.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:47 PM

Default controller settings

well my suggestion is when you have a controller plugged in you can assign more than one button or axis to any one setting, this is because in some games you may need this for smother playing, just ad a tick box asking if you want to be able to assign a axis or button to more than one thing.

(if anyone has played 007goldeneye, you'll know what i mean by wanting to assign the axis to more than one setting, i use a xbox360 U.S.B controller, so if you use one of them, you should know what i mean)http://forum.pj64-emu.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited by lestralen; 9th November 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: i mad this post but forgot to put a title
Old 24th November 2008, 02:58 PM

Default Don't Remove the Shell Integration

First, sorry the bad english, but i'm brazilian,

don't remove the Shell integration, please.
This is the most useful option in the advanced settings, and i use it a lot.

Thanks, and i'm fan of your job. Good work!!
Old 8th December 2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizfduartejr View Post
First, sorry the bad english, but i'm brazilian,

don't remove the Shell integration, please.
This is the most useful option in the advanced settings, and i use it a lot.

Thanks, and i'm fan of your job. Good work!!
I agree Linux users like the shell integration and contrary to popular belief is extremely helpful. I vote shed integration should stay.
Old 8th December 2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestralen View Post
well my suggestion is when you have a controller plugged in you can assign more than one button or axis to any one setting, this is because in some games you may need this for smother playing, just ad a tick box asking if you want to be able to assign a axis or button to more than one thing.

(if anyone has played 007goldeneye, you'll know what i mean by wanting to assign the axis to more than one setting, i use a xbox360 U.S.B controller, so if you use one of them, you should know what i mean)http://forum.pj64-emu.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I agree on many games is extremely helpful to have one button that activates a key combination. this would be especially helpful because it's hard to use keyboard input in place of an analog stick. If it's not that hard using a mouse instead of an analog stick would be helpful especially for sniping and playing star craft 64.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:21 PM

Talking multithreads

I don't know if you are doing this already and sorry i didn't check, i had to post this quick as i have to get to work soon and don't want to forget it, but if you don't have multicore already you should add it, i know its overkill but it would be fun you know.

Last edited by SirKash; 8th December 2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 9th December 2008, 02:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Theres no point to multithreading the application, as it is, Load balancing causes enough problems for emulators.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 22nd December 2008, 02:16 AM

Well i haven't check and i know its a little late, but a one half speed button would be nice, or something to that affect.
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The emulator has speed controls now.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 26th December 2008, 10:11 AM

Default shell integration

my stance on it is it should at least stay on be caues i put the rom in a deep directory and i use the shortcut on the desktop

Tags
features