Old 28th December 2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
360 pad users can get help from over there >>>>>>>>

over where?
Old 28th December 2010, 03:56 AM
Project Supporter

heh Oh Squall

But D41145 is right; you already started a thread with this query. Starting a new thread isn't going to get a different person, like some call center or something.

Wait did we tell you to search? I don't recall that... though I've thrown that phrase around. The only reason I didn't yell at you to search is because I don't recall there being a thread like yours; most of the controllers are either N64 controllers or PS2.

And you don't walk into someone's home and call him a dork, you're turning into Pilldoubt
Old 31st December 2010, 12:08 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I guess there's another thread for this so um back on topic.
Old 11th April 2011, 03:48 PM
Project Supporter

I did as instructed and downloaded the cp file to use my 360 wireless controller. In the controller configuration settings (Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7.0.11) The D pad was non responsive! In the end to create a custom control configuration which included the D-pad I downloaded Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7 (altering the name of the file so's not to overwrite the latest beta driver). I used 1.7 to to configure my controller then switched back to the latest one. Along the way I tried NRage 2.0 beta, I found the sensitivity of the analogue stick to be way too sensitive and the rumble response lax. I hope this solution is useful to p64 supporters
Old 11th April 2011, 04:27 PM
Project Supporter

sensitivity can be lessened with deadzone (I believe that's it...)
Rumble, apparently, requires Xinput, which I have yet to try XD
Old 13th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Deadzone is some other control though may be related a bit. Sensitivity mostly you want to adjust the "Range" / "N64 Range" setting for.
Old 13th April 2011, 04:03 PM
Project Supporter

Range, deadzone, bah, same thing.

That's what I meant though.

edit: no, wait, deadzone is how far you have to push the analog stick in order for the command to take, right? That would help as well, especially with an Xbox 360 controller, which are just so dang sensitive like that.
Old 13th April 2011, 06:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

There's an explanation of deadzone in the manual, but I forgot what it was. lol it doesn't apply to if you're using a keyboard though; that much I remember.
Old 13th April 2011, 07:10 PM
Project Supporter

Then I was probably dead on with the definition then. I, like him, have the same problem with the Xbox 360 controller, which is, the analog sticks are so darn sensitive, that if you move it a half a milimeter it will register as being pressed in that direction; it does this also if you center it but it's off center. Dead-zone would be what he would need to use, methinks, so that he'd have to move the analog stick further for it to register.
Old 14th April 2011, 01:10 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Project64 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunfred View Post
I did as instructed and downloaded the cp file to use my 360 wireless controller. In the controller configuration settings (Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7.0.11) The D pad was non responsive! In the end to create a custom control configuration which included the D-pad I downloaded Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7 (altering the name of the file so's not to overwrite the latest beta driver). I used 1.7 to to configure my controller then switched back to the latest one. Along the way I tried NRage 2.0 beta, I found the sensitivity of the analogue stick to be way too sensitive and the rumble response lax. I hope this solution is useful to p64 supporters
Are you saying an older build of the input plugin works with your d-pad but 1.7.0.11 does not? which build was this? who made this controller profile? I can't follow this... it sounds like something is wrong here but I'm confused.