Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 1st November 2008, 04:00 PM

I'm more experienced with software than hardware as well (which should tell you just how UNexperienced I am with hardware!) and would also rather find a way to "make it work" than to upgrade the hardware.

Now, I tried the Direct64 plugin and - hallelujah - it seems to be working! Thank you so much! Thank you! I know it was a fairly minor issue, but I'm so pleased to get it resolved!
Old 1st November 2008, 04:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I ought to spend more time getting that to work on older systems using Intel cards then since there's some trouble just loading it.

Glad we could help each other out!
Old 7th November 2008, 08:03 AM

As an aside here as far as compatibility with older systems and integrated graphic chips . . . . .

Ive been using P64 for a while now and randomly I would get these annoying messages saying that the graphics plugin has encountered an exception and that the emulator may need to be restarted.

This sort of thing happened just every now and then . . . . but sometimes would just freeze the system up. So, being internet savvy I came and found this here forum and searched up and found this thread.

Like I said earlier I am running with an integrated vid chip, which I know (from the business Im in) is garbage. After reading this thread, the first thing that I did was change to the older Jabo plugin (from 8 to 6). And so far it is working great.

Ive noticed the quality is not quite as sharp . . . . but I understand that I am limited by hardware. Out of curiousity (and a innate need to tinker with things) what is this other plugin you were talking about? The "Direct64" ?

Anyway, thanks for the help Iconoclast, you solved my issue here before I had the time to make a dedicated thread.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:29 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Direct64 is a 3rd party plugin (this means its made for PJ64 but we dont support it)
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26677
you can download it there, this version is approx 3 years old i dont know if there's a newer build?

there is a quote from Clements thats interesting:
"I strongly doubt it will work with that particular Intel video controller. In terms of Intel graphics, Direct64 is only known to work on the very latest GMA variants that have DX9 hardware support."
make of that what you will, sorry i dont have any Intel hardware (except the eee, which runs linux ) nor do i have time to try 3rd party plugins atm.
Main test PC: Athlon dual core 1.25-2.5Ghz (variable), 2GB RAM, GF8800GS driver 175.19, 1680x1050, External Audio, XP SP2.

Last edited by Smiff_; 7th November 2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:33 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

just to be clear.. not supported means if you have problems with Direct64 please post over at EmuTalk (where the author is, or was) not here!
Main test PC: Athlon dual core 1.25-2.5Ghz (variable), 2GB RAM, GF8800GS driver 175.19, 1680x1050, External Audio, XP SP2.
Old 7th November 2008, 07:09 PM

Eh, thats fine. Im doing great with the older version of the Jabo plugin. I was just curious.
Old 8th November 2008, 12:24 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Obviously Clements's doubt doesn't apply here; that's what I thought at first until this thread and trying it out on another Intel.
Old 9th April 2012, 03:13 AM

I'm having the exact same problem and project 64 seems to reject both the direct 64 and glide 64 plugins. any advice? i would very much like to resolve this minor but highly disruptive issue.
Old 9th April 2012, 06:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The problem here was with an Intel integrated video card here and may be unrelated.
So create a new thread for your problem and include your computer specs, most important is your video card.

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @2.50 GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 PC2-6400
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5