Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 28th April 2015, 12:50 PM

Post project64k 0.40 mario 64 (and other games) multiplayer lags and not synchronous

Hello again pj64 community,

In the past I had a problem because the second player didn't move but someone here had help me, but now I have a problem again.

When I play with a second player online with pj64k there are many lags and sometimes it is not synchronous so that the other player is supposedly next to me but in reality he is for example far away from me. And maybe it is disconnecting then. The problem is I want to stream it with an other streamer and no one want to see lags. But the lags are also when we play it without the stream so the problem can't be the upload or something, the internet is perfect. Most often the lags are in Bowser fights but in other lvls too. It's really annoying and reduces the fun a lot. Sometimes the lags are so annoying that I can see only freezed frames.

Have someone a solution against lags in mutiplayer online? Here are some informations:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project64k 0.40

plugins:

video (graphics) plugin: Jabo's Direct3D81.6
Audio (sound) plugin: Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
Input (controller) plugin: AQZ NetPlay v.0.20

Audio settings: "sync game to audio on/off" (I tried both)

rom: mario 64 multiplayer online 1.3/1.2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should I maybe choose an other project64/project64k version? And when, what version?
I also tried a preinstalled Project 2.1 Netplay version but the problems were there too. I hope that was enough information. If someone need a special information to help me you can ask me. It would be very nice when I could forget that problems soon

Thx for all the help I will get^^

Ayyumii
Old 28th April 2015, 06:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Never use Project64k... It always desyncs. You can use 1964 1.1, Mupen64++ Beta, or Project 64 1. 7 & up. If you're using pj64 + AQZ, be sure to enable fixed audio timing. There's also Nemu64 but I never tried it for netplay.
Old 29th April 2015, 07:25 PM

Do you know what the best version for multiplayer is? Then I would try this version
Old 29th April 2015, 07:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayyumii View Post
Do you know what the best version for multiplayer is? Then I would try this version
Well, if you care about audio, then use either PJ64 1.7 + AQZ, or Mupen64 0.5 + AQZ. All kailera emulators have bad audio because they did minimal effort for fixed audio timing (granted they eliminated desync).

I'm not really a fan of PJ64 1.7, so idk what games work better on it, compared to Mupen64 0.5.

Tags
asynchronous, lags, mario64, netplay, project64k