Old 12th September 2018, 05:36 AM

Default Can't map C button Nrage plugin

Hello, I am trying to use the latest nrage xinput plugin that comes with p64, and I cannot map the C buttons to any single button, it will only map to the right joystick.
Old 12th September 2018, 01:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Not sure what the problem is, I'm looking at it right now and it lets me use anything as a c-button. What version of pj64/n-rage are you using?
Old 12th September 2018, 06:38 PM

It'll let you do it, but it won't save those mappings after you close out of the configuration, as you can see in my post here.
Old 13th September 2018, 01:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi Cat View Post
It'll let you do it, but it won't save those mappings after you close out of the configuration, as you can see in my post here.
I never actually try to save them so yeah ^^
Old 15th September 2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi Cat View Post
I found a way to do it, you have to do it manually though.

1. Go into project 64 and set up you controller configurations to exactly what you want, don't worry about mapping the C-buttons yet. Save your controller configs, close project 64.

2.Go into the folder in which project64 sits, open up the config folder (Eg. C:/Program Files/Project 64/config)

3. Backup the four config files to desktop or wherever convenient with your current controls:
(XInput Controller 1 Config.xcc, XInput Controller 2 Config.xcc, XInput Controller 3 Config.xcc, XInput Controller 4 Config.xcc), keep the config folder open, you will need to access it later.

4. Open up project 64 and another blank notepad document, change all your buttons to "none" for controller one.
Choose the four buttons on the Xbox controller you want to use for the C buttons and Map them to any N64 button it doesn't matter which one as long as that is NOT ANY C BUTTONS, make sure you document your four buttons into the blank notepad (IE.= "Y" on the Xbox controller is = "A" on the N64)

5. Save your new config, close project 64. Open up the Controller 1 Config.xcc with notepad in the project 64/config folder, you will now see what number corresponds to the xbox button, compare that to your other notpad document in which N64 button you mapped it to.

For example, if you set "Y" on the Xinput to "A" on the N64 in the config file it will read A=32768

You now know that the Y button on the Xbox controller is = 32768

Make note of all these values.

6. Now close the config file, copy your backup controller config back into Project 64 (overwrite the current files in there). Open up "Controller 1 Config.xcc" with notepad again, and change all the C button values to the Xbox values which you found in the previous step

For example I wanted Y to= C Up, so in the config file I change "CUp=0" to "CUp=32768" Save your config, (I suggest also backing it up)

7. Open project 64 and test a game (Do not edit the controller config through project64 at this point in case it resets your new config).

If you are happy and want to make every other controller have the same config you can simply copy your "XInput Controller 1 Config.xcc" change the name to "XInput Controller 2 Config.xcc", and overwrite the other XInput Controller 2 Config.xcc with this one. Repeat for 3,4.