Old 23rd July 2013, 10:05 AM

Default PJ64 on MAC

Hey guys, just thought id drop by and let you know that somebody has just apparently converted Project64 for MAC and droped it by the coolrom forums, his name is "Neokiller66.6", I dont own a MAC so I wasnt able to test it myself.

I cant post any links yet due to the 5 post rule but you can find his post and the link at coolrom(dot)com forums in the News section.

I dunno if this the real deal or not but if it works then MAC users running OSX 10.4.8 or higher can enjoy it, but id still take care though, no body has tested it yet.

this is what he had to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-killer66.6 View Post
Hi guys i was wandering dose Project 64 was be released for mac yet? after a long time searching i've found nothing, then i've decided to do it myself, it's a packaged version of Project 64 for mac OS X tested on mac OSX 10.8.4 it should work with all mac intel based version of OSX it work with all pluggins option and rom if something's don't work just let me know

note that this version is not official and i'm not working in any way with the project 64 team i'm independent so there it is let me know if it dont work
Old 23rd July 2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zix View Post
Hey guys, just thought id drop by and let you know that somebody has just apparently converted Project64 for MAC and droped it by the coolrom forums, his name is "Neokiller66.6", I dont own a MAC so I wasnt able to test it myself.

I cant post any links yet due to the 5 post rule but you can find his post and the link at coolrom(dot)com forums in the News section.

I dunno if this the real deal or not but if it works then MAC users running OSX 10.4.8 or higher can enjoy it, but id still take care though, no body has tested it yet.

Congratulations, you made me register & spam to gain access. Now that I have done so (for the sake of satiating everybody else's curiosity!), I can safely say this:
- links are completely broken.
- if it works at all (and isn't a fake release/virus), it's probably just using Wine or something. PJ64 code is pretty dependent on the Windows API, so I can't imagine it'd be so easily ported -- especially by someone with no posts on that forum and obviously isn't able to even provide a working link...

So, disregard all. Nothing to see here.
Old 23rd July 2013, 02:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I cant post any links yet due to the 5 post rule but you can find his post and the link at *rom site*(dot)com forums in the News section.
"vBulletin Message
To access this forum your post count must be 1 or greater.

You currently have 0 posts."

I think CoolBombs wants everyone to register.

Although, you could still do this.
View the guy's profile, click "Find latest posts" or w/e, then it will show you the post bit without making you register.
Such is the result of incomplete administration.

But, um, I don't generally register on piracy sites. I have an evil twin brother that lives thar XD

And if zilmar ever used his time on a rules thread, I think that no linking/talking about ROM sites or other warez would have been his first rule.
But, I guess it makes sense you wouldn't have been aware of that here.

Quote:

Converting a bloatedly OS-dependent and fixated interface like Project64 to another OS like Macintosh, is no simple task...and his spelling and grammar burns my eyes.

So, I'd bet a few hairs off the back of my ass, that he just wants attention.

I'm not saying it can't be done though. He might have made a good number of steps towards it for all I know. I have never ran a Mac since they made us use those old Apple computers in Fourth Grade, when I lived in Michigan. That was in...2000.
Old 23rd July 2013, 02:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostars View Post
- if it works at all (and isn't a fake release/virus), it's probably just using Wine or something. PJ64 code is pretty dependent on the Windows API, so I can't imagine it'd be so easily ported -- especially by someone with no posts on that forum and obviously isn't able to even provide a working link...

So, disregard all. Nothing to see here.
Spamming that forum is easy, but ONLY if you do it like a mofo.

I meant to get back to spamming but I lost Internet and tl;dr'd. I'm mostly indifferent about it now at the moment, IDK why.

The WINE theory is pretty much what I was thinking.
It's incredibly simple for people to repackage a Win32 app with an overhead layer like WINE components to get it to work, without actually doing any real work of their own. Thanks for confirming my instincts