Old 8th October 2014, 01:32 PM

I know nobody can do much about this...but I will say that in StarFox64, when I use any type of texture filters...when using Jabo's D3D8 (2xsai) or Glide (HQ4x)...the mission selection screen always slows down to a crawl...Game play and 2D cut sequences and menus and 4 player multiplayer work just fine...and this is coming from a guy who has a more than capable GPU (with 24 ROP's) and computer. I kinda wish that xBRz would be used in place of HQx because it is more efficient and all-around more compatible for both integrated graphic chip sets and video cards alike. I use texture packs to get around that issue because it requires less calculating to load it to and/or from memory than it is to take a texture into the frame buffer, scale it, put it back into memory, and send it through the frame buffer again.

I would be very interested to see a variant of the Glide plugin packed with PJ64 using XBRz rather than HQx, just to see the resulting speed differences.

~Groucho Marx
Old 8th October 2014, 05:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The 4xBR makes a major difference with relatively high speeds on Kega Fusion while HQ4X actually causes slowdown.
Kega Fusion can reach 999fps without any shader enabled.
The HQ4X one was done by mudlord.

I too wish 4xBR was selectable in Glide64 or even a Rice 6.x version with it added.
I think 4xBR actually looks better than HQ4x.

If only someone could get PJ64 added to RetroArch or a mod of it at least for Windows,then maybe you could use the shaders like 5xBR in that.
Old 22nd October 2014, 05:55 PM

Default My 4k Runs great and looks good in full screen

I have an ASUS PB27Q and P64 Looks great in full screen and runs fine.

Old 11th February 2015, 11:37 AM

If you end up using the packed in Glide64 plugin, I would suggest using smooth filter 2 with HQ2xS with forced bilinear filtering.

~Groucho Marx
Old 11th February 2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanety View Post
I have an ASUS PB27Q and P64 Looks great in full screen and runs fine.

I have a Toshiba 42L52000 TV set....it uses game mode by turning off some of the TV's internal processes that might cause input lag.

~Groucho Marx