Old 1st June 2011, 07:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
the controls have been dumbed down for the limited handheld button count.
And that friends would be the primary context of "retardation" .
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retardation

Well I guess this is yet another historical repeat of the despair inside "Everybody's A Critic" with a future version of an earlier base. They probably just don't remake MM because it didn't make enough money.

Still even though not really that insight-fully researching of the graphics the artwork in those screens is pretty reflective about this and neat (most of them of course).

Last edited by HatCat; 1st June 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:23 PM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Project64 Team

Yea they've kind of whored out the zelda games, releases on gamecube, virtual console on wii, now a remake of ocarina of time on 3DS... somehow given the resolution of the 3DS I'm not sure it's more than it looks in the screenshots, a few noticeable improvements. After doing a bit more research apparently this is one of the first in a series of N64 remakes, so the fun will keep coming!

Last edited by Jabo; 2nd June 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:26 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
After doing a bit more research apparently this is one of the first in a series of N64 remakes, so the fun will keep coming!
COOL!
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:41 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

i'd prefer it if they landed on the wii instead of the 3ds.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 5th June 2011, 08:47 PM

I would like to play the 3ds version even in 2d but I don't want a handheld, I don't want to emulate 2 screens. I don't know what the 2 screens show but if it is map and game, then I would like to emulate the game on full screen and in the right corner, emulate the map screen with probably a blend effect with the map quite stronger in vision if you know what I mean. the original rules.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:31 PM
Project Supporter

maybe its because squall hates 3d, (which i think would be cool feature to add in PJ64 i know id use it, and i know others have asked, and others are using other ways of doing so) ive played a demo of this and it handles pretty good. and it has been ported to the wii as a VC game.

but to be honest nintendo could have done better polishing textures up, HD packs look better than this, and wonder, why pay 30 to play this on a tiny 3d screen with poor textures, when you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.

id defo like to see majoras mask ported, i found that game more compeling with more to do that enter a dungeon find key kill bos collect artifact, i loved the time missions where you meet people at a set day/time and have to go back later and that things were different depending on which day it is.

majoras mask by far best zelda game ever.

Last edited by Darren; 7th June 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 7th June 2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.
How can you do that? (for the purposes of my question let's say I already have the texture pack and 3D 22in TV )
Old 7th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
maybe its because squall hates 3d, (which i think would be cool feature to add in PJ64 i know id use it, and i know others have asked, and others are using other ways of doing so) ive played a demo of this and it handles pretty good. and it has been ported to the wii as a VC game.

but to be honest nintendo could have done better polishing textures up, HD packs look better than this, and wonder, why pay 30 to play this on a tiny 3d screen with poor textures, when you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.

id defo like to see majoras mask ported, i found that game more compeling with more to do that enter a dungeon find key kill bos collect artifact, i loved the time missions where you meet people at a set day/time and have to go back later and that things were different depending on which day it is.

majoras mask by far best zelda game ever.
Given the 3D in the 3DS is a headache / stroke waiting to happen, there is that. But the fact is they've taken something good and made it stupidly simplified for a lor res, gimmick hand held when it should have made it to the Wii.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 7th June 2011, 02:54 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunalun View Post
How can you do that? (for the purposes of my question let's say I already have the texture pack and 3D 22in TV )
ill have to check back on my pc at home but theres a driver that can render anything in fulscreen in steroscopic, but its a pain in the arse and only works with 1.6.

would be kool if pj64 added this feature like dolphin does.
Old 7th June 2011, 03:35 PM

OMG that's sounds awesome. I looked into Dolphin - sadly my laptop hasn't a hope of running it. Although it's dying so I may get a new computer soon-ish. But apparently the 3D is done by the new NVidia drivers or something, so it's done *outside* the emulator.
But the screenshots only show the 3D outputted to red-blue 3D for red-blue glasses. This is the worst kind of 3D. I'd rather cross my eyes...