Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13th March 2018, 07:09 PM
bernhard43 bernhard43 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Default N-Rage plugin not saving C Buttons, all other buttons work

I'm having an issue with the N-Rage plugin not saving the C buttons when I assign them to my controller. Steps to reproduce the problem:

- Start with a fresh PJ64 2.3.2.202 install
- Plugin a controller (I tried both an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller)
- Open the N-Rage input plugin settings
- Select XInput mode
- Map any controller button to one of the C buttons
- Click save, then close, then reopen the settings
- Expected result: C button is still mapped. Actual result: It's reset to "None".

The same is true for the D-pad. None of the D-pad directions will save. All other N64 buttons are saved correctly. This only happens in XInput mode.

I suspect it might be a bug in the GUI. When I map the C buttons and click save, I can see that the changes are actually written to the config file, and the C buttons are actually working in the game at that point. This part works. It seems to be the loading part that is broken. Only when I reopen the settings dialog, the mapping is reset. There seems to be an error in the routine that loads and displays the mappings from the config file. ("XInput Controller 1 Config.xcc")

Last edited by bernhard43; 14th March 2018 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14th March 2018, 12:47 PM
ExtremeDude2's Avatar
ExtremeDude2 ExtremeDude2 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,589
Default

Might want to make an issue on github:

https://github.com/project64/project64/issues
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsx! View Post
are you american or something
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14th March 2018, 02:27 PM
bernhard43 bernhard43 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks, I just did that. Someone else already opened that issue and I posted my comment there.

github.com/project64/project64/issues/1256

Maybe I can try to fix the issue in the code and post it to GitHub. I have only basic programming knowledge, but hopefully, that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Last edited by bernhard43; 14th March 2018 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.