Old 28th April 2009, 02:49 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
Look at DS emulation and R4 devices :P

Nintnendo are still making tons of money from the Nintendo ds, and people are able to pirate roms either via emu or R4.... Also look at this, now Wii emu works (Dolphin) and and if that keeps up then who knows how long it'll take.
Oh yeah handhelds forgot about those. I can understand why people would want to emulate the DS it's got good games but its such a pain in the neck, quite literally.
I Tried to use dolphin and the text is wrong and speed is bad I doubt it's my computer any ideas?

Last edited by magmarock64; 28th April 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 28th April 2009, 05:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
Look at DS emulation and R4 devices :P

Nintnendo are still making tons of money from the Nintendo ds, and people are able to pirate roms either via emu or R4.... Also look at this, now Wii emu works (Dolphin) and and if that keeps up then who knows how long it'll take.
Hm, a valid point. Flashcards do in fact aid the sales of Nintendo DS consoles. Many people simply go and buy a DS because the games are so easy to pirate. I know this as fact, as I know several people to have purchased the console for this reason.

However, for once, flashcard users don't just use them for piracy - a flashcard gives you plenty of additional features which could not be done on a standard Nintendo DS / Nintendo DS lite console, such as music playback, video playback, image viewing, PDF reading, text editing, etc. Accompanying this lot is also homebrew games, don't forget, which are as good as the real thing, usually better (http://bobsgame.com/). The Nintendo DSi has added features which were not previously implemented into it's predecessor's, such as music playback, an image viewer etc. However, plenty of things still are missing, like video playback, though there are DLC rumours floating around about this.

R4's were a bad example to use in this case, though. If you plan to buy a flashcard at any time, the R4 is not the one to go for, because there are no official firmware updates/fixes, and the company themselves died ages ago. It is STRONGLY reccomended that you look at either an M3 DS Real/M3 DSi, or CycloDS Evolution.
Old 28th April 2009, 05:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmarock64 View Post
Oh yeah handhelds forgot about those. I can understand why people would want to emulate the DS it's got good games but its such a pain in the neck, quite literally.
As I have previously said, most people who emulate DS do so for experimental reasons, such as the GTA: Chinatown Wars case. The emulators themselves aren't bad, but it would be way better to just go buy a DS Phat/lite, and grab a flashcard.
Old 28th April 2009, 08:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdjy View Post
As I have previously said, most people who emulate DS do so for experimental reasons, such as the GTA: Chinatown Wars case. The emulators themselves aren't bad, but it would be way better to just go buy a DS Phat/lite, and grab a flashcard.
Yes right you are. As you just pointed out, there are easier ways to pirate games on the DS I'm just saying that the risen I would use a DS emulator is to save my neck bones.
Old 28th April 2009, 09:13 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Yes right you are. As you just pointed out, there are easier ways to pirate games on the DS I'm just saying that the risen I would use a DS emulator is to save my neck bones.
In what context, mate? It's not illegal to possess flashcarts. Nor is it illegal to run DS emulators, in case you didn't know. Did you mean the hassle?
Old 28th April 2009, 09:59 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
In what context, mate? It's not illegal to possess flashcarts. Nor is it illegal to run DS emulators, in case you didn't know. Did you mean the hassle?
Your talking about those things that let you download ROMS into a micro SD carda and use it in the DS right? But anyway yes hassle I can't get the DS emulator working properly on my computer thtere are some DS games that I think are quite clever like Metroid Prime Hunters for instance, which I own on an actual DS. But I,d rather use an emulator because using a DS is simply too painful.
Old 29th April 2009, 02:11 AM
Project Supporter

I like emulation because you can add in your own features, it is not really corporation controlled. I like this one filter on VBA that makes the graphics look nice. Emulators are more flexible than the original hardware of course, and I like having all my games on one system :P. Also I like cheats and hacks, so emulators makes it easier to create cheats.
Old 29th April 2009, 02:35 AM

and emulators add a lot more graphical options as well liuke take shaders with psx emulation and texture packs with n64 which makes the games look a whole lot better if you choose the right ones for the game or look different incase fo the storkbook shaders on psx. but thats one of the reason another is i dont have to buy more memory cars to keep all my saved games which is a very good thing. sence they dont make the older psx memory cards any more
Old 29th April 2009, 03:54 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topken View Post
and emulators add a lot more graphical options as well liuke take shaders with psx emulation and texture packs with n64 which makes the games look a whole lot better if you choose the right ones for the game or look different incase fo the storkbook shaders on psx. but thats one of the reason another is i dont have to buy more memory cars to keep all my saved games which is a very good thing. sence they dont make the older psx memory cards any more
True, good point.

Quote:
Your talking about those things that let you download ROMS into a micro SD carda and use it in the DS right? But anyway yes hassle I can't get the DS emulator working properly on my computer thtere are some DS games that I think are quite clever like Metroid Prime Hunters for instance, which I own on an actual DS. But I,d rather use an emulator because using a DS is simply too painful.
Aye, Metroid Prime Hunters gives me freakin' cramp. I was never really very good at the game, anyway, but the cramp didn't help me much on Wi-Fi.
Old 29th April 2009, 04:30 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
True, good point.

Aye, Metroid Prime Hunters gives me freakin' cramp. I was never really very good at the game, anyway, but the cramp didn't help me much on Wi-Fi.
Yes, same here, it hurts my hand playing it.