#21  
Old 29th April 2009, 06:10 PM
Mdkcheatz's Avatar
Mdkcheatz Mdkcheatz is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the Milky Way, I think...
Posts: 763
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdjy View Post
R4's were a bad example to use in this case, though. If you plan to buy a flashcard at any time, the R4 is not the one to go for, because there are no official firmware updates/fixes, and the company themselves died ages ago. It is STRONGLY reccomended that you look at either an M3 DS Real/M3 DSi, or CycloDS Evolution.
Well I disagree in regards to the context of which the point I was implying (basically relative to concept rather than make of flash card). Seeing as the R4 is more well known, I used it as matter of arguements sake for reference purposes

But yes thank you for recommending a better brand of flashcard opposed to the R4, I would have myself but the Nintendo DS & DSi is not exactly my specialty in knowledge :P
__________________
The World is burning...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 29th April 2009, 07:03 PM
CA5 CA5 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
Well I disagree in regards to the context of which the point I was implying (basically relative to concept rather than make of flash card). Seeing as the R4 is more well known, I used it as matter of arguements sake for reference purposes
No, you're missing my point. Using R4 as an example of the flashcard concept is a bad example, because basically, it get's across the wrong ideas, especially given the fact that the card is now illegal in japan for piracy-related issues. You should do your research, in future, and perhaps use a better example
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 29th April 2009, 08:04 PM
Mdkcheatz's Avatar
Mdkcheatz Mdkcheatz is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the Milky Way, I think...
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcdjy View Post
No, you're missing my point. Using R4 as an example of the flashcard concept is a bad example, because basically, it get's across the wrong ideas, especially given the fact that the card is now illegal in japan for piracy-related issues. You should do your research, in future, and perhaps use a better example
Well my point was mostly based on piracy related issues, so doesn't that make it the perfect example?
__________________
The World is burning...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 30th April 2009, 04:47 PM
CA5 CA5 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
Well my point was mostly based on piracy related issues, so doesn't that make it the perfect example?
Well not really;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz
Nintnendo are still making tons of money from the Nintendo ds...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 30th April 2009, 07:31 PM
Mdkcheatz's Avatar
Mdkcheatz Mdkcheatz is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the Milky Way, I think...
Posts: 763
Default

I'm not following your point? They seem perfectly related to me :S
__________________
The World is burning...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 30th April 2009, 07:49 PM
CA5 CA5 is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
I'm not following your point? They seem perfectly related to me :S
Game, set, match. Omaciao, Lynskey.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.