Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Site News

Old 17th January 2014, 10:00 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniel_katarn View Post
[*]Open a Visual Studio Command Prompt: START\Visual Studio 2012\Visual Studio Tools\VS2012 x86 Native Tools Command Prompt[*]Move to the root directory of the source code (the one containint the .SLN files)[*]Compile any of the subprojects (.vcxproj) or the whole solution (.sln) with the following syntax:
msbuild /property:SolutionDir=%cd%\ <path to VCXPROJ or SLN file>
Note: setting the SolutionDir property is necessary at least for VS2010.[/list][*]Visual Studio IDE method (in my case, using VS2012)[list=1][*]If using newer versions (2012, 2013) you might see a warning offering to update the compiler and libraries. I suggest leaving the 2010 toolchain for now (I recall having some issues compiling with the 2012 stack). Choose "Don't Update".[*]Select the desired project (or the solution itself), right click and choose 'Build'.

OK, I really hope this helps and saves you many configuration and crappy dependency-hunting hours I had to spend myself.
Ok thanks. This is what I needed to know .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatCat View Post
I myself am not in a position to directly contribute to accuracy of N64 graphics plugins because I don't even have my Nintendo 64 with me anymore. I am actually making the RDP command buffer/fifo storage more accurate since that is one of the things that did get some info out on, than the way they do it in MAME, but otherwise I'm much better off simply concentrating on the poor performance than adding in the remaining unknowns about the RDP.

HLE can appear as 100% accurate as any LLE program, but you have to implement all the infinite variety of possible microcodes for it to support every N64 ROM (including those not made yet, I'm just saying, theoretically/hypothetically) to the point where it's impossible long before due to memory overrun/storage reasons.
Now I understand the difference better. I guess I won't be able to improve accuracy, since I don't have the tools for testing. I will have to find a way to improve performance though, since that is still an issue. Time for me to hit the books .
Old 6th January 2015, 12:52 AM

So is this working and all that now? Last time I tried it, no games worked right.
Old 6th January 2015, 01:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

If by "working at all", you mean Project64 2.0, then yes.
If you mean building the code base and running the games within the built version, then YES.
Old 8th January 2015, 08:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdroid View Post
If anyones interested, here my fork of Project 64, makes various changes here and there, fixes some problems with it, reintroduces plugin hotswapping.
http://github.com/death-droid/project64
You should submit pull requests to http://github.com/project64/project64 !

Do you think you could fix PJ64 2.1's debugger? In PJ64 1.7, things like memory viewer actually work. It would be cool have that working in 2.1 so I could debug stuff. PJ64 1.7's source is fortunately available .
Old 8th January 2015, 09:13 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Huewayyy it looks like fresh updates are coming this year ;D ^_^
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
GPU: nVidia GTX 750Ti SC 2GB
GFX Drivers: Nvidia v382.53
RAM: 16GB Kingston 1866MHz DDR3

Favorite Emulators:
PS2 : PCSX2 (Auto-Builds)
SNES : ZSNES

My PJ64 setup:
EXE : v2.4.0.228
GFX : PJ64Glide64 (v2.2.0.150)
SPU : Jabo_Dsound (v1.7.0.7)
INPUT : NRage(v2.5.3.228)
RSP : RSP (v1.7.4.228)
Old 8th January 2015, 10:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post

Do you think you could fix PJ64 2.1's debugger? In PJ64 1.7, things like memory viewer actually work. It would be cool have that working in 2.1 so I could debug stuff. PJ64 1.7's source is fortunately available .
Hmm ill have a shot at it, but unfortunately Zilmar rewrote alot of the memory stuff within the last few months which did leave some of the more uneeded functions completely broken
Old 8th January 2015, 01:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Weird my posts seem to of dissapeared from this topic :S
Trouble with repairing alot of those debugging options is that the way memory is handled is completely different from what was being done in 1.7
Old 9th January 2015, 01:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post

Call me stupid but I don't seen an actual pj64.exe in that zip file, all I can download is the source, but no compiled executable.
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM PC2 10600
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB 7200 RPM
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 9th January 2015, 02:21 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Weird my posts seem to of dissapeared from this topic :S
Trouble with repairing alot of those debugging options is that the way memory is handled is completely different from what was being done in 1.7
Lol I thought that was weird how it said you were the last poster, yet your post wasn't there .

Oh well, I guess it makes sense why 2.1's debugger is broken/incomplete. I'll just have to use alternative methods for debugging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Call me stupid but I don't seen an actual pj64.exe in that zip file, all I can download is the source, but no compiled executable.
Nothing significant has happened yet. I just linked him source, so he can send pull requests if he wants.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:42 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
Huewayyy it looks like fresh updates are coming this year ;D ^_^
2015's a good year !

Quote:
Hmm ill have a shot at it, but unfortunately Zilmar rewrote alot of the memory stuff within the last few months which did leave some of the more uneeded functions completely broken
Oo your post reappeared ! I gave it a shot and saw that there's way too much code that needs to be changed. I give up since it would take zilmar much less time to fix it himself.

I also tried compiling 1.7, but most of the versions I tried, couldn't even compile . Now I'm kinda bored .