Old 22nd October 2014, 06:00 PM

Default Skin

Would you guys tell me if you like this skin for PJ64?

=-http://imageshack.com/a/img909/4016/85EpE2.png-=

Xanety
Old 1st February 2015, 02:49 PM

Surprisingly no one posted.. I think it looks pretty sleek, professional, and yet elegant. I would love to see it implemented into the new v2.2. Better then the standard window version. Nice job. ;-)
Old 1st February 2015, 02:51 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It looks k.

But.

Console terminal interface would look even better.
Old 1st February 2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
But. Console terminal interface would look even better.
Well.. I meant as a default design there bud. You guys can always edit and change to your desirin needs. Lets not overwhelm the guy just of yet.. ;-)

I'm fine with simple, not the kind of guy wanting chaos and disruption.. besides: most of time I would be playing the game, not starin aimlessly at the program.
Old 1st February 2015, 05:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Good idea!

If you like simple and not overwhelming designers, deleting Project64's GUI and making it a terminal app would definitely be the way to go.

I mean why would I want to waste so much energy pointing and clicking (especially on this stupid laptop mousepad I HATE YOU LAPTOP YOU SUCK!!!) when we can just type "play mario.rom" or w/e.

10/10 would port again.
Old 1st February 2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Good idea!

If you like simple and not overwhelming designers, deleting Project64's GUI and making it a terminal app would definitely be the way to go.

I mean why would I want to waste so much energy pointing and clicking (especially on this stupid laptop mousepad I HATE YOU LAPTOP YOU SUCK!!!) when we can just type "play mario.rom" or w/e.

10/10 would port again.
Har har.. we could go the MSDOS 5 format.. possibly throw in dosshell for experimentation, for those Windows nuts.. also program the emulation qbasic method. White on black would just be dandy with me..

I would hate the ideal of me trying to play emulation on a laptop with a touch pad.. things would just get broken that way.. also a tablet would just T-me off to endless rage. You can tell I'm an aggressive gamer, very verbal too.. they use to hate me at the arcades.. Frogger pisses me off the most.

Last edited by NameBound; 1st February 2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 1st February 2015, 06:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hah. Sure actually a MS-DOS support of pj64 might not be all that useless. Better than being forced to boot up Windows all the time just to run a few simple N64 demos I guess.

Are you an aggressive AVGN-kind of gamer? (the Angry Video Game Nerd)
Old 1st February 2015, 06:31 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I wonder what PJ64 would look like when using the kind of interface like ZSNES has. (assuming it is MS-DOS style)

Hey,if PJ64 DID work on MS-DOS,I could possibly run it on my x86 Android tablet at a really decent performance with DOSBox!
(Still wanting that needed mod so I can run Windows directly on it or use WINE on Linux so I could run PJ64 directly.)
Old 1st February 2015, 06:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Honestly the skin looks nice, but there are more important things to spend time on ;/ .
Old 1st February 2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Are you an aggressive AVGN-kind of gamer? (the Angry Video Game Nerd)
Just mostly an old-school gamer.. though more so an active musician and writer. Wouldn't be able to fit the word "nerd" into my daily insane and mundane/humdrum activities.. I have a hatred for touch screens and wonky controllers buttons, such as the arcade machines and N64 original designed ones. Things like that somewhat irritate me, besides the point of my impatience with platform gaming.

This "wild man" just doesn't like Frogger, nor understand its pointless concept of getting the many toads safely across the highway.. rather spend time playing Dug Dug or.. driving the cars that run over the toads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
I wonder what PJ64 would look like when using the kind of interface like ZSNES has. (assuming it is MS-DOS style)
I could go with that, although this skin almost does remind me of ZSNES.. That Super NES emulator was pretty nifty, could run it off any old PC. I sure miss those early emulation days.. ;/

Last edited by NameBound; 1st February 2015 at 06:58 PM.