Old 11th January 2018, 07:33 PM

@retroben

I tried the code but it locks up after the nintendo logo.
I'm using Gameshark V3.3 on an N64 console. Ive been running most of my games with widescreen codes + disable AA codes. I tried the code without the extra codes but the same happens. After the logo it freezes on a white screen.

Thanks man!
Old 11th January 2018, 07:57 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Locks up on console confirmed then,at least for (J).

You can't get proper 60fps on console anyway,not unless virtual console works well enough.
There was a video of the code working on (U) in an actual console but it was very slow for obvious reasons,trying to find that video again is a PITA because I just can't get it to appear.

Did find this video but the ported code isn't in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4cD1hYiME

Only if you can overclock the N64 hardware can you even come close to making it go 60fps.
Strange how that is freezing for you,code offsets work on 1.1 via emulation.
Are you absolutely sure you have (J) (V1.1) and not 1.0?
Old 11th January 2018, 08:17 PM

Yea its v1.1, the widescreen code and disable AA codes I got from a french site are the V1.1. Those work for me. Not sure that the disable AA code does anything or if its working but the widescreen codes work for sure.

Any chance there is a workaround for for it to work on the n64 console? 50 FPS maybe? lol

Also I have Super Smash Bros NTSC J v1.0, any 60fps code for that one? I figure it would be much harder for that game.

Thanks!
Old 12th January 2018, 09:29 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Super Smash Bros./All Stars Dairantou is natively 60fps,yet with enough going on instead causes slowdowns on the hardware.
The hardware is just far too underpowered.

Four DKs on Hyrule with Very High item ratio should likely show the slowdowns (especially if insane items cheat is used) while no items and 2 player small both human characters (another controller plugged into socket 2) on the least demanding stages should give you a great example of 60fps.
I saw proof earlier on via emulation tests where two codes control the game pacing and the fps along with pacing,both values are always on 01 regardless of how much lag/slowdown happens.
Both Pokemon Snap and Kirby 64 use the same fps method also due to the same devs keeping that design.
Kirby 64 can't get correct pacing though Pokemon Snap ended up with 60fps but possibly with some problems.
So I may try to get that Pokemon Snap code ported which shouldn't crash because its non-ASM.
Old 13th January 2018, 02:49 AM

@retroben

Thanks for that insight on Super Smash Bros. I was just wondering because I sometimes have to framerate drop even in single player. Probably because I'm running a widescreen code + disable AA code.

I was able to run the 60fps code for Diddy Kong Racing NTSC v1.0. I haven't tested it extensively, but it works.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:40 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelele View Post
60fps for Rayman 2 NSTC-U?
I am certain that game was already 60fps but merely needs Counter Factor 1 and/or overclocking to retain full 60fps.

I guess making sure it is forced to always run at 60fps could improve it but I dunno.
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:11 PM

60 fps for any of the first three Mario Party [NSTC-U] installments? Or at least a stable 30 fps code (some minigames lower the framerate to 20)
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:41 PM

@Rafaelele what minigames does it drop in. 60fps is a bitch as far as i know as each minigame has a lot of unique timing data. and i couldnt find the main framerate control that would make it double speed

Last edited by gamemasterplc; 22nd January 2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemasterplc View Post
@Rafaelele what minigames does it drop in. 60fps is a bitch as far as i know as each minigame has a lot of unique timing data. and i couldnt find the main framerate control that would make it double speed
Most mingames with splitscreen dip to 20fps
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:01 PM

name some in MP1 @Rafaelele