Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 13th February 2013, 12:25 AM
Project Supporter

Default Pokemon Stadium Crashes with GB Pack

Hi there. I recently downloaded version 2.0.0.6 and tried to play Pokemon Satadium 1 & 2. The game started well but when I tried to access the lab, or using my GB pokémon on battle, the game crashed.

I checked the NRage Plugin's settings and I found no problem on it. It was exactly as it was on the 1.7 and 1.6 version.

Is there anything wrong with this version or my settings? I'd like your help to make it work. Thanks a lot.

P.S.

I can't see the "Expansion Pak detected" tag at startscreen of the game. Neither can find the 4MB - 8MB option to turn it on.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

This is not a 1.7 or 2.0 support issue, but what version of the N-Rage plugin is this? GB pack was heavily modified across N-Rage v. 1.8x to 2.2 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neledithil View Post
P.S.

I can't see the "Expansion Pak detected" tag at startscreen of the game. Neither can find the 4MB - 8MB option to turn it on.
The option is there in the RDB controls.

If you have hide advanced settings disabled then right-click any game to pick "Edit Game Settings" and switch between 4 : 8 MB on the default tab.
Old 18th April 2013, 09:49 AM

Default Transfer pack?

I downloaded P64 version 2.0.0.14, and I also want to use gameboy roms for stadium.

I went to my settings and checked Nrage V2 1.80a. This is the only Nrage plugin I am given. When I went to edit my controls and transfer pack info, I'm not given a transfer pack option, only mempack and rumble.

I looked through the forums for an answer and this thread was the closest related thread I could find, but could someone please tell me what to do to get the transfer pack going?
Old 18th April 2013, 11:25 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

you need nrage 2.2 or higher for the gamepak fixes.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 18th April 2013, 01:47 PM

I'm not really sure what's going on. I used version 2 2.3c, the first time it gave me the transfer pack option and I got my 2 gb files and saves loaded up.

I loaded the rom fine, but the transfer pack wasn't recognized. When I went back I had to reset everything, this time being SURE I clicked save.

The packs still weren't recognized, I went back, checked to be sure I still had the right plugin (V2 2.3c) and now I don't even get the transfer pack option at the controller config.

I appreciate your help, and I'm NOT trying to sound like a complainer. I just wanna get this figured out. I'll keep looking, and I appreciate any further assistance.

Also, I've noticed my controller profiles aren't saving. Could this be part of the problem? Like, I have them saved but when I restart the emulator they default on me.

Last edited by XDevonX; 18th April 2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Found new information
Old 19th April 2013, 04:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

if you installed pj64 to program files (a silly default location on Vista and 7 btw zilmar....) you need to run the emulator with admin elevation to allow writing to the config file.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Old 19th April 2013, 06:06 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
if you installed pj64 to program files (a silly default location on Vista and 7 btw zilmar....) you need to run the emulator with admin elevation to allow writing to the config file.
Well the other sub directories do have write access for general users (unlike 1.6).

Where would you think would be a better default location to install to?
Old 19th April 2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
When I was installing it I wanted to just put it in a new folder on the desktop, but wasn't allowed. Could I put it elsewhere so the run as admin isn't necessary, and do the config writing and have that save?
Old 19th April 2013, 11:07 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilmar View Post
Well the other sub directories do have write access for general users (unlike 1.6).

Where would you think would be a better default location to install to?
if thats the case, this user shouldn't be having any problems with nrage losing settings... i think the 1.8x versions had issues though as they still wrote to the registry.

Old 28th May 2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
you need nrage 2.2 or higher for the gamepak fixes.
More or less the same issue as the original poster. I have the latest nrage plugin 2.3c, I can add the pokemon blue rom and sav to the transfer pak - but every time I go to the game boy centre and select the cart (which seems to appear fine) it crashes moments later. The game itself is fine - the settings are otherwise default apart from selecting nrage. I've tried launching it as admin and as not admin. Both have same result. Would be great if someone could help.

Thanks.

Tags
pokemon, pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, transfer pak