Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 23rd July 2013, 03:33 AM

Question No sound when loading Majora's Mask's save state

So, I have been playing The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for some time now. I was using a save state and then, when I loaded it, it came with no sound. I tried closing the emulator and loading it again, but it had the same problem. Then, I loaded other save states that I have here and they all had sound. I also tried changing the audio plugins, but it didn't work.

It probably happened because I loaded it twice in a short period of time, and I think the file corrupted (please, let me be wrong).

Is there any way to turn my save state back to normal? Because I really don't want to play it all over again. I didn't do as much progress on the other save states as I did in this one.

If this file is really corrupted and there's no way to fix this, I don't think I wanna play it again, even being a Zelda fan. Somebody help me.

Last edited by KevinPumpkinn; 23rd July 2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:23 AM

Well, since we are talking about Majora's Mask, shouldn't you be able to load the save file up normally through the game?

I mean... Majora's Mask saves the game every time you reset the 3 days, so it might not be that recent, but it can't be that old of a save file either.
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:35 PM

Well, I didn't know the emulator could save the game normally. By older experiences, I thought that only the save states system worked. I feel stupid now.

Thanks, mate. Saved my day.
Old 24th December 2013, 05:55 AM

Made an account specifically to put this note on here!

I just ran into the issue of randomly losing sound while playing Majora's Mask. I hadn't done an in-game save in a long time (I like to use save states), so I was very hesitant to do restart from the most recent auto-save, as it would mean completely re-doing the water temple, and screw that!

I did something similar, though. I noticed that when I started the rom normally, the sound worked, so I went into my sound-less save state, saved the game at an owl, then re-opened the rom with sound. By then doing an in-game load, I had sound again.

I realize this thread was finished, but I thought I'd put this here for anyone else who happened to have this issue in the future and didn't want to have to re-do anything!
Old 29th December 2013, 05:29 AM

I've noticed the 2.0 branch gets picky when you first load a state on starting up; loading a state AFTER some audio plays for the first time seems to be the best way to make sure the audio is there when loading a state when first starting a game.
Old 5th June 2015, 01:45 AM

Smile

Thank you sooooooooo much GladiatorJones! I too created an account just to thank you. You saved my life!
Old 24th October 2015, 10:27 PM

Of course some games can't be reloaded from game saves (i.e Starfox 64) and lets say your far into the galaxy close to Venom and have a superior highscore, then your sound craps out from a load state. This bug has happened on every game I have played so far. There is a fix PJ64 2.2 aside from internal save

Load the state with missing sound.
Go into settings (Ctrl+T) and click on Config: (game name)
Check "Fixed Audio Timing" Ok

Now load the state, suddenly there is sound but another problem... timing, for me the timing is going at 120 VI/s.. too fast. From here save a new state. Go back to the config and uncheck Fixed audio timing. Now load the state.
Ta da.
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorJones View Post
Made an account specifically to put this note on here!

I just ran into the issue of randomly losing sound while playing Majora's Mask. I hadn't done an in-game save in a long time (I like to use save states), so I was very hesitant to do restart from the most recent auto-save, as it would mean completely re-doing the water temple, and screw that!

I did something similar, though. I noticed that when I started the rom normally, the sound worked, so I went into my sound-less save state, saved the game at an owl, then re-opened the rom with sound. By then doing an in-game load, I had sound again.

I realize this thread was finished, but I thought I'd put this here for anyone else who happened to have this issue in the future and didn't want to have to re-do anything!
I have just created an account just to thank you!!! I was in panic because my sound went to zero! Thanks so much!!!
Old 6th April 2016, 08:01 PM

Arrow Not only Majora's Mask

BTW: That's not a special "Majora's Mask"-problem. Missing sound by loading a savestat can happen in every game.
Old 6th May 2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazerdragon View Post
Of course some games can't be reloaded from game saves (i.e Starfox 64) and lets say your far into the galaxy close to Venom and have a superior highscore, then your sound craps out from a load state. This bug has happened on every game I have played so far. There is a fix PJ64 2.2 aside from internal save

Load the state with missing sound.
Go into settings (Ctrl+T) and click on Config: (game name)
Check "Fixed Audio Timing" Ok

Now load the state, suddenly there is sound but another problem... timing, for me the timing is going at 120 VI/s.. too fast. From here save a new state. Go back to the config and uncheck Fixed audio timing. Now load the state.
Ta da.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This happened to me in Majoras Mask while I was on the moon.... so I couldn't go back and save at an owl statue or anything like that. I was panicking.

Tags
audio, corrupted, majora's mask, save state