Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th August 2016, 02:42 PM

Unhappy Automapping to Z-axis - with vJoy (Controller Problems)

Been looking for over an hour all over the web to help me fix this issue, but no luck--so I decided to make an account here and see if posting about it would help.

Basically, I've got the official GameCube USB adapter for Wii U hooked to my computer; I've already downloaded Massive's driver, and the thing works without issue, being recognized by Dolphin with a simple click of the button. That is to say, I can play any GameCube game smoothly with this thing, so I doubt the problem lies with the adapter or the driver itself.

When I try mapping the controller to Project 64, however-- Well, I'm posting here, so clearly that didn't go over very well.

I'm running version 2.1.0.1 of P64. When I go to Options --> Configure Controller Plugin... , the window pops up that would ordinarily let me map the controls. Under devices, there are four different vJoys for each individual controller port (I've tested all of them, to no avail), which I selected. But trying to actually map any buttons does either absolutely NOTHING, or (in the case of trying to map an analog stick) immediately defaults to Z-axis - before I have the chance to try and input anything.

I've tried using all three controller plugins that came with this version of P64, and they all yield the exact same result. I feel it has to be recognizing SOMETHING, as it only defaults to Z-axis - when I select one of the vJoy devices, and does nothing when I leave it at "None," but I have absolutely no idea where to go from here. Do I need to download a different plugin? It's not the controller I'm trying to use, as I just tested with Dolphin and it works perfectly.

At any rate, any and all help would be appreciated.