AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 14th June 2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanyuan View Post
v1.3
* add full screen support
* add resolution 1024x768
Very nice! Would like to also see 1280x960 in the future, since it's the greatest integer scaled multiple of 320x240 that fits on a 1080p screen.

One question: does this plugin not support Rogue Squadron's high resolution mode? I noticed that when I tried enabling Perfect Dark's hi-res mode, it doubled the horizontal resolution, which is what it's supposed to do. On Rogue Squadron, however, the high resolution mode which is supposed to make the game run in 640x480, doesn't seem to actually improve the resolution.
Old 14th June 2013, 09:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
Very nice! Would like to also see 1280x960 in the future, since it's the greatest integer scaled multiple of 320x240 that fits on a 1080p screen.

One question: does this plugin not support Rogue Squadron's high resolution mode? I noticed that when I tried enabling Perfect Dark's hi-res mode, it doubled the horizontal resolution, which is what it's supposed to do. On Rogue Squadron, however, the high resolution mode which is supposed to make the game run in 640x480, doesn't seem to actually improve the resolution.
I think so, but are you sure the native resolution will become 640x480 with expansion pack?

I have problems to run RS with project64 2.1 on my computer. My computer is too slow and can't see the main menu with project64.
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 14th June 2013, 10:15 AM

After comparing both Normal and High Resolution modes, I have determined I was full of crap and it does appear to be working properly. High Resolution mode looks so much better it's hilarious. I think perhaps what was throwing me off is the fact that while it does indeed run at a higher resolution on real hardware (it's definitely interlaced, for one), it most likely doesn't run at exactly 640x480 (it's probably something like 640x448). The HUD, for instance, is slightly ovaled, which implies it's stretched vertically to fit the window from its original aspect ratio, which explains some of the jaggies, which I interpreted to be the game running in Normal Resolution. Sorry about the mixup.

And yeah, the main menu only seems to work using Jabo's LLE plugin with FatCat's RSP. You can go in-game by just pressing A a lot after the game starts. But yeah, it's slow as hell even on my i7. It runs quite a bit better on Mupen64plus, though!
Old 14th June 2013, 12:47 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
And yeah, the main menu only seems to work using Jabo's LLE plugin with FatCat's RSP. You can go in-game by just pressing A a lot after the game starts. But yeah, it's slow as hell even on my i7. It runs quite a bit better on Mupen64plus, though!
I found out how to get z64gl to show the main menu just now, you have to set force_swap to 1 in the conf. Core i5, FatCat's RSP and z64gl, tested on Project64 2.1, also works on Project64 1.5 and 1.6 with faster speeds in places.
Old 14th June 2013, 06:09 PM

Isn't it possible to make fullscreen upscale the image to the native res of the monitor instead of changing the resolution?

BTW, I see you fixed the bug on Banjo-Kazooie, nice
Old 15th June 2013, 02:10 AM

This plugin is brilliant... I've been waiting to see software emulation of the N64 just because it kinda has it's own little quirks in how it rendered its graphics, and this is just about perfect. I can't wait for it to get better.
Old 15th June 2013, 03:47 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

All it needs now is MG's SSE2/SSSE3 optimizations....
Old 15th June 2013, 05:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxatax View Post
All it needs now is MG's SSE2/SSSE3 optimizations....
Was MG going to vectorize the RDP? I always thought he was going to vectorize the RSP, not the RDP...

I could be completely wrong though.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:15 PM

Kind of a dumb question, but would it also be possible to have an option to turn off the N64's texture filtering? Would doing so improve performance in any way?