Old 25th July 2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by et500 View Post
Additional filters are great news but SuperEagle and 2xSai seem to be blurry and outdated these days as HQx and xBR provide much better quality and sharpness.
Strongly disagree - those two filters change the look of the original game far more than 2xSai.
Old 25th July 2013, 12:57 PM
Project Supporter

Basically the filters try to do the same, but 2xSai is so extremely blurry, it often makes the unfiltered image look better, especially in N64 emulation.

xBR and HQx both try to keep the image sharpness and overall look as close as possible to the original. 2xSai is really just outdated and has very bad overall quality compared to the newer filters.
Old 25th July 2013, 01:17 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamax92 View Post
However in Direct3D9, all of the bands seem to be consistent with only one down the middle of the screen.
OK, I will check for this issue.
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 25th July 2013, 04:39 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamax92 View Post
Okay I'm getting the feeling that who ever here that keeps deleting my posts doesn't like it when I put a link in it, so no links.
Nobody deletes your posts just so you know.
When new users don't have enough post count in their profiles then posts containing links are automatically sent to the moderation queue. Not exactly deleted, just invisible.

In theory they could be approved by a moderator, but they were never deleted.
The problem should go away after having like 10, idk was it as much as 30 posts.
Old 25th July 2013, 06:01 PM

Ahh okay, I really hope they don't get approved then since I posted like three times.

Another thing I've forgot to mention but I'm sure you know, the red bands don't actually exist, I put them on there to help assist in actually finding the duplication bugs as some of them are hard to spot out.

One of my friends had suggested to me that it might be because of my outdated graphics drivers, I had recently reinstalled windows and haven't finished the update process yet. Once that's finished I'll post back and see if that truly was just the issue.
Old 25th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's just DirectDraw's fault for down-scaling an abnormal RDP screen size unpredictably.

It's not just you who has had that issue. It was me, suanyuan, angrylion...like, mostly everyone?

Honestly, it just sucks.

That half-assed SDL version I backported only halved the pitch divisor to scan the RDP scanlines across the height of the emulator window, so it was not a legitimate fix.
Old 27th July 2013, 11:01 AM

You know, I noticed something odd about the way this plugin behaves depending on the emulator it's used on. I had noticed before that on Project64 2.1, if I use it on a game that has a hi-res 480i mode, such as Rogue Squadron, the graphics do not look as sharp as they should, though it nevertheless looked better than low-res. The best way I can describe it is that horizontally, there did appear to be increased resolution, but vertically, it just looked line-doubled. Anyway, I just chalked it up to a bug with the plugin.

However, I then tried the same plugin on Mupen64 0.5.1, and I noticed on said games with hi-res support, there is interlacing, and the games actually look hi-res, as they should. In other words, on Mupen64, games that support 640x480i actually display at that resolution, whereas on Project64, it seems it only increases the resolution horizontally, but not vertically, so it's more like line-doubled 640x240p.

What could be the cause of this?
Old 27th July 2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
In other words, on Mupen64, games that support 640x480i actually display at that resolution, whereas on Project64, it seems it only increases the resolution horizontally, but not vertically, so it's more like line-doubled 640x240p.
But that's what 480i really is. 240 vertical lines doubled and interlaced. It's like running the game in 640x240p. If it was 480p, then it would truly be 480 vertical lines.

Last edited by Zera; 27th July 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 27th July 2013, 01:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
However, I then tried the same plugin on Mupen64 0.5.1, and I noticed on said games with hi-res support, there is interlacing, and the games actually look hi-res, as they should. In other words, on Mupen64, games that support 640x480i actually display at that resolution, whereas on Project64, it seems it only increases the resolution horizontally, but not vertically, so it's more like line-doubled 640x240p.

What could be the cause of this?
My computer maybe too slow that I never enter the title screen of Rogue Squadron on mupen64 0.5.1 with this video plugin. All I can get is the mempak detection screen and no response to the gamepad inputs.

Can you post the screen shots for this game on both pj64 and mupen64 for references?
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 27th July 2013, 04:30 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyuan View Post
My computer maybe too slow that I never enter the title screen of Rogue Squadron on mupen64 0.5.1 with this video plugin. All I can get is the mempak detection screen and no response to the gamepad inputs.

Can you post the screen shots for this game on both pj64 and mupen64 for references?
Are you using a LLE RSP plugin? Could be the issue if not.

Also, Zera was right in saying that 480p = 640x240 with the vertical resolution doubled. That's how it's supposed to look AFAIK.