Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 21st July 2009, 04:44 PM
Project Supporter

Default Zelda OoT/Master Quest - Respawn Issues?

I am new to this forum so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me, anyway.

I have been playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I never noticed this problem until playing in one of the temples as grown up link. In game, if one of those hand monsters falls from the ceiling and grabs you, it should take you to the entrance of the temple, BUT it put me inside Jabu-Jabu WTH! Luckily I saved before that happened, but why does this happen? It also occurs with Farore's Wind. I used it so I could mark an important room in the spirit temple, but when I try to warp back to it, it glitches me outside one of the rooms in Ganondorf's castle, which leads to me falling for a while. In a temple, when I jump into a trench by accident, it will usually put me back in the correct place, but sometimes it glitches me somewhere else.

It just seems to be issues with relocating and respawn in general. Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to fix it?
Old 21st July 2009, 05:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

A Wallmaster swoops down, grabs you and puts you inside a whale. Well that's pretty ghetto.

That's so ghetto, you should totally hit Ctrl+C while the game is playing in Project64 to check if there are any interferences....
Outside of cheat codes I've never played the Master Quest version, so I don't know anything on if it has like an internal debugger. My guess is re-install the copy of the game (re-dump, download w/e), and flush the unique data by saving your progress to the battery save, hard resetting the game and re-loading the save data.
save states sometimes those can give inaccurate data and cause things like that also

Last edited by HatCat; 21st July 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Tags
bugs, zelda