Old 25th March 2020, 01:16 PM

Default Problems Changing Key Bindings

Hi,

I am using Project 64 version 2.3.2.202 on Windows, which seems like the latest version. I wanted to change keybindings when playing a game as follows: By default, save state is bound to F5 and load state to F7, while soft reset is F1 and hard reset is shift+F1. I wanted to switch these so that save state is shift+F1, load state is F1, soft reset is F5 and hard reset is F7. So I went in and removed the bindings for all of these, but when I tried to reassign shift+F1 to save state, it says that it is still bound to hard reset, even though I had removed it and it does not show that it is assigned to hard reset any more. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is or what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!
Old 25th March 2020, 08:32 PM

So after doing some more digging, it sounds like people think the problem is that it is looking for conflicts with the *default* bindings, not the bindings that are currently set. They said you can manually fix it in the project64.sc3 file. I found that and upon opening it I found many lines containing strings of numbers. Apparently those lines correspond to the default key bindings, but I do not know which lines correspond to F1, shift+F1, F5, or F7 so I do not know which lines to delete to remove those bindings so I can bind them how I want. (although honestly you should just be able to rebind them in the program anyway...)