Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 16th March 2020, 02:41 PM

Default Xbox One Controller working with some games but not others

I searched around a lot looking for a solution to this but couldn't find one specific to my problem so I thought I'd make a post.

I set up Project 64 and downloaded Super Mario 64 and was able to set up an Xbox One controller for it and it was working well. It still works well each time I play, despite it not working for other games.

I tried Ocarina of Time, but on the opening screen it says "No Controller". When I go into the "Configure controller plugin" window and switch the "Plugged" tick from the Xbox One controller to the keyboard, then go back into the game, it works with the keyboard.
I tried fixing this but eventually gave up, chalking it up to some issue with the specific game since Super Mario 64 still works throughout this.

Next I tried Mario Kart 64 and I got a similar no controller issue on the game's opening screen, but with the keyboard working when I switched it to "Plugged" instead of ticked for the Xbox One controller.
At this point I thought I must be having a wider issue, since SM64 still works.

I've thought about trying a different emulator, but this was so straightforward to use that I thought it'd be a shame to move on from without asking for help first, which would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was eventually able to solve this by using AntiMicro to map the keyboard buttons to the controller, since the keyboard was working. You have to have both programs running at once, but it controls as well as if I was using the controller directly. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Last edited by Filthbreeze; 18th March 2020 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Solution found
Old 16th March 2020, 09:50 PM

I was having a problem using my Logitech F710. This is what I did

I downloaded the new verizon of NRage and added it to my Plugins on my Project64 Plugin files.

I opened up the Emulator, went to options, settings. I then configured the plugins of the game itself and got my Logitech to work.

Have you tried configuring the games plugins, instead of the emulator?