Old 2nd June 2014, 04:29 PM

EDIT: I'm sorry, I put this in the wrong thread. Please delete.

Jerome

Last edited by jump_ace; 2nd June 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 7th December 2014, 12:01 PM

Who was the moronic jackass that included Search Protect by Conduit in the installer for Project64?

Why do I ask? Conduit LTD offers kickbacks for companies and people who include Search Protect in their software.

Now I understand running a website costs money, I am not blind to that being I do run a Forum website and yes it costs money.

However you guys ask for donations, which I am sure everyone is cool with, but why ask for donation and then sneak in Search Protect? That in it's self seems back handed, greedy and dishonest. And yes while you offer a option to opt out of installing it, not everyone is going to catch it.

Hell if you want to make money off your product make Project64 a Freemium, let the emulator be free, however any special features you can charge for(ie ability to use Game Genie, Action Replay Codes, Game Shark Codes, Etc, Etc), that way you have a monetary stream, especially if it is good.

But having an additional program install along with your product isn't right.
Old 7th December 2014, 12:58 PM
Project Supporter

They don't ask for donations since the release of 2.0 so that point is moot.

And you are the thousandth person mentioning this, it has been discussed up and down, if you don't like this direction of the emulator then don't use it but don't go calling people jackasses for wanting some form of revenue of a project that they poured thousands of hours into. In the end you are the one that wants to use it so these "jackasses" must have done something right as you seem to want to use something they produced.
Old 7th December 2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
They don't ask for donations since the release of 2.0 so that point is moot.

And you are the thousandth person mentioning this, it has been discussed up and down, if you don't like this direction of the emulator then don't use it but don't go calling people jackasses for wanting some form of revenue of a project that they poured thousands of hours into. In the end you are the one that wants to use it so these "jackasses" must have done something right as you seem to want to use something they produced.
Don't you find it a bit strange you have a donation status and you're defending Jabo and zilmar's Cash grab? They literally SOLD Project64, WORST than how the Andriod store sells better Emulator versions of every free version lmfao.

I don't care if you put in work for the emulator, they kept the emulator CLOSED source for years, the only source we have is 1.4 and it was significantly outdated compared to the 1.5 and 1.6 versions. Zilmar and Jabo CHOSE to work on PJ64 Alone, and look what we got in the end

-Faulty Jabo Plugins
-Faulty Emulator Files
-Faulty Core Emulator Configuration.

Now, does anyone on these forums stop and ask why we have to come to these forums to fix games SPECIFICALLY individual ROM by ROM to make them run the way they should. All of these issues should have been fixed, especially in the 2.1 release.

Face it, Zilmar and Jabo and the rest of their dead team shitted on the N64 Emulation community. Nobody likes PJ64, the only people that use it are casual kids who find things like this off youtube videos. In 2014 there is NO REASON at ALL to use Pj64 for N64 emulation. THIS IS 100% FACTUAL, and since this is the case, You should not be defending these criminals.

Mupen64 has ALWAYS been superior to PJ64 in every way lol. And now with all these Mupen64plus gui and launchers like PyM64 and Bizhawks and whatever else there is absolutely NO NEED for PJ64.

These guys did not deserve the money they get from this site, if ANYONE deserves it, it's the general N64 community that has kept n64 emulation alive and going over the past years, and that list would even include Squaltard over these criminals.
Old 7th December 2014, 05:37 PM
Project Supporter

None of the other emulators woud've remotely been possible without the groundwork laid by zilmar and jabo. And where did you read that I'm defending the cashgrab? I simply respect the work they do, I'm also not happy about the current situation, doesn't give some random dude the right to insult people without having done an ounce of work.

I also mainly use m64p, if you had bothered to read some of my posts you'd know that, still doesn't mean the work that went into this emulator means nothing.If you think that you are a delusional moron.
Old 7th December 2014, 06:16 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Eh. It's not really much of an emulation "community" when it's just a bunch of gamers using semi-translating, semi-interpreting "emulators" to play their video games on it (forgetting HLE even). It's more like a "community" of people that wish upon their wishing star that somebody will sacrifice their life to make N64 on the PC more perfect, which isn't really the same thing as emulation. Translation is a very broad and general term. Saying that you're a fan of emulators isn't specifically the same as saying you're a fan of being able to play games from another console onto your PC.

I remember when I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Project64 because it seemed like everyone else was just involuntarily glued to it by impulse over logic and factual reason. Guess the tables sure have turned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
Now, does anyone on these forums stop and ask why we have to come to these forums to fix games SPECIFICALLY individual ROM by ROM to make them run the way they should. All of these issues should have been fixed, especially in the 2.1 release.
Well I imagine that was deliberately to make the end users work for it since Project64 isn't cycle-accurate and has worse timing than others. So by the time somebody reported enough RDB fixes that was meant to no longer be an issue. So yeah actually I'm pretty sure that what you just said was intended to get people to complain about it and test.

Then again dsx made a pretty good RDB minus the external patch for turning off fixed audio timing (which IIRC he merged in), and I usually just use the interpreter core for just about everything anyway so...not that much of an inconvenient/permanent issue.
Old 7th December 2014, 10:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
-Faulty Jabo Plugins

All of these issues should have been fixed, especially in the 2.1 release.

Mupen64 has ALWAYS been superior to PJ64 in every way lol. And now with all these Mupen64plus gui and launchers like PyM64 and Bizhawks and whatever else there is absolutely NO NEED for PJ64.
While you made some good points, i strongly disagree with the parts I quoted.

Jabo's plugins are actually pretty good (usually 2nd best HLE plugin). I know you're a fan of Smash64, which Jabo's plugin works really good on. Not everyone can run glide64 at full speed for every game. Glide64 aint perfect either.

No N64 emulator is flawless man.

Mupen64 is not 100% superior to PJ64 in every way. Please do not exaggerate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those emulators you mentioned can even play WDC or Stunt Racer 64. That alone makes PJ64 2.1 valuable to some degree imo. I'm sure there are also games that run better on PJ64. I'm not saying PJ64 is the best emulator, because tbqh I'm not sure what emulator actually is "the best", but I at least acknowledge some pros and cons of different emulators.
Old 7th December 2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
While you made some good points, i strongly disagree with the parts I quoted.

Jabo's plugins are actually pretty good (usually 2nd best HLE plugin). I know you're a fan of Smash64, which Jabo's plugin works really good on. Not everyone can run glide64 at full speed for every game. Glide64 aint perfect either.

No N64 emulator is flawless man.

Mupen64 is not 100% superior to PJ64 in every way. Please do not exaggerate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those emulators you mentioned can even play WDC or Stunt Racer 64. That alone makes PJ64 2.1 valuable to some degree imo. I'm sure there are also games that run better on PJ64. I'm not saying PJ64 is the best emulator, because tbqh I'm not sure what emulator actually is "the best", but I at least acknowledge some pros and cons of different emulators.
mupen64plus and PJ64 have mutual pros and cons. PJ64 runs BOSS games. mupen64plus runs Factor 5 games.
(I believe the mupen64plus team have studied the PJ64 source code and have an idea of how to run games which require CPU-RSP synching, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet.)

As for Jabo, his plugins are good. Very good. His 1.7 LLE/HLE hybrid video plugin is a remarkable piece of work.

PJ64 and mupen64plus are different approaches to the same problem. The biggest advantage m64p has at the moment is it is under semi-active development and can be ported. PJ64 is locked to Windows and its development has stagnated.
Old 8th December 2014, 07:17 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol amazing drama
Old 9th December 2014, 06:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
mupen64plus and PJ64 have mutual pros and cons. PJ64 runs BOSS games. mupen64plus runs Factor 5 games.

As for Jabo, his plugins are good. Very good. His 1.7 LLE/HLE hybrid video plugin is a remarkable piece of work.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
PJ64 and mupen64plus are different approaches to the same problem. The biggest advantage m64p has at the moment is it is under semi-active development and can be ported. PJ64 is locked to Windows and its development has stagnated.
Lol people say m64p is active, but what have they done recently? I'm genuinely curious, because I haven't checked in a while. PJ64's development has stagnated, but I think it's going to get better, now that zilmar has started posting on the forums again and is accepting pull requests. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet ;/ . I like how mupen64 handles audio, but m64p needs more plugins! There's only 1 LLE gfx plugin afaik and no RSP recompiler . I'd probably be satisfied with using z64gl if I did not have hardware specific issues with that plugin ;/ .