Old 26th August 2012, 07:13 AM

Default Assistance Required

I've been out of the emulator loop for a very long time and have been trying to get back in. Due to my actual N64 being packed away in storage, I grabbed Project64 and a few of my old ROMs I had saved and tried them out.

The first was Gauntlet Legends which never worked properly and after doing some searching, it seems all versions still have some problems.

However, I did find a thread here (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=376) which advised the TC to try Rice's video plugins to which he replied it was successful. My problem being is when I extracted Rice's files into the Plugin folder, I receive a non-stop stream of error messages upon trying to configure the plugin via the Settings.

The first error message after clicking Settings tells me bmglib.dll was not found even though I added that to the emulator. Then it says it failed to load Rice's plugin RiceVideo.dll. After that it goes back to bmglib.dll not being found. Finally, it says RiceVideoDbg.dll failed to load.

I know I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious, but the only three ROMs I currently have on my PC are unplayable and I would really love to resolve this problem before I go back to work on Monday.

Specs below (if required)
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
Old 26th August 2012, 12:31 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sounds like you're missing something, but idk what

Have you tried glide64?
Old 27th August 2012, 12:53 AM

I've tried Glide64 and it didn't help much.
Old 31st August 2012, 10:20 PM

I've searched around and I just cannot seem to get this to work properly like other people have. I even degraded myself into trying the PSX version (which works by the way) but given the sound effects, music, and GUI are different, it just wasn't the same and I couldn't bring myself to even finish the first stage.
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:17 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Are you sure you're using the latest version of Glide64?

Just in case you need it: http://code.google.com/p/glidehqplus...downloads/list

Move a file from "wrapper" folder and drop it into main directory of Pj64 and move the files from "Plugin" into Pj64's plugin folder.

▐▀▌█ ▐▀ ▐▐
. . . ▐▄▌▐ ▐▀▌▀▌. . .
▐ ▄▄▌▐▄▌ ▐
Old 26th September 2012, 12:54 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Glide64 is not going to do a better job with this game than RiceVideo.

I know it's hard for you anti-Rice folks to accept, but there's no other publicly known way to get the HUD GUI to show in the game at least part of the time, which is major to playability.

As for why you get so many error messages trying to configure the plugin, you're not allowed to change the current game settings while the game is not active or if advanced settings are hidden. Try using that INI text block I pasted later into that thread, or I guess I can dig my INI file itself up if need-be.