Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 14th May 2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I still don't know where you get the idea that I just want to play games.
Sorry, but repeat once more - its not about you. I just remember other people, which say what games playable for them(without any proof when it need sometimes) and accuracy doesn't need and if you have problems - "its your problem and doesn't matter and care"(common citation, dont know how explain what its not by someone).
Quote:
My point is that why complain about graphical glitches on 1 plugin, when you can just use a more accurate plugin?
Because another plugin have problems too, in common words. My februry-march conclution written in the my topic by link above.
Quote:
My belief is that many people who heavily criticize N64 emulation, don't know enough about it (nicest way I can put it). People like to compare PJ64 with emulators for different systems like Dolphin and say Dolphin is more accurate (which is pure BS). Yet some of the people saying this don't even know how to write code .

Often times, I hear people complaining about things that have already been fixed! That's the kind of thing that irritates me. I see "people" saying things like "I wish N64 emulators supported Rogue Squadron".

My point is that msny options exist and it's their own fault for not taking advantage of them. Also some people have really unrealistic expectations.
I'm sorry, but you repeat it once more time - "people dont know about progress and if they dont know about it so it their problems", if I dont say something not right again, because understand not right. How they will know about progress if no one or few places where possible read about it(and probably not only reading)? I dont see the point in this approach to people.
Old 14th May 2015, 07:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64man View Post
Because another plugin have problems too, in common words. My februry-march conclution written in the my topic by link above.
Other than speed, I don't have any real problems with the Pixel Accurate plugin. Even some games I play, run at full speed .
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you repeat it once more time - "people dont know about progress and if they dont know about it so it their problems", if I dont say something not right again, because understand not right. How they will know about progress if no one or few places where possible read about it(and probably not only reading)? I dont see the point in this approach to people.
I'm going to be less inclined to help people who make negatively biased statements about N64 emulation. If someone simply states they have certain issues, that's one thing. But when people say things like "n64 emulators suck", that's just lame .

The information is widely available, so I don't see why they don't just read up on it .

I guess a counter argument could be that there's also false information that's widespread. One example would be people discrediting the efforts of many devs by saying they just use stolen code, which is just plain ridiculous, to say the least.
Old 14th May 2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Other than speed, I don't have any real problems with the Pixel Accurate plugin. Even some games I play, run at full speed
Dont know, my tests say another.

Quote:
The information is widely available, so I don't see why they don't just read up on it
Examples?
I know places where possible read about:
GC\Wii emulation - https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Glide emulation(guide, but dont think what its important) - http://www.old-games.ru/wiki/%D0%A0%...80%D0%B0%D0%BC

Dont know about someting like that for N64 emulation(emulators and plugins).

Off-topic:
Quote:
One example would be people discrediting the efforts of many devs by saying they just use stolen code, which is just plain ridiculous, to say the least.
Dont see a problem in using already maded code which possible to modify or re-write completely. Dont want to say what stealing is normal, but I mean about make code better if it possible. Sorry if I say someting strange which can probably understands as something bad.
Old 14th May 2015, 07:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Dont know about someting like that for N64 emulation(emulators and plugins).
Here's a good site, although it's a bit outdated, especially for audio.
http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

Usually when I search for information about n64 emulation, I google it and usually end up browsing forums such as this one or emutalk.
Quote:
Dont see a problem in using already maded code which possible to modify or re-write completely.
Agreed .
Quote:
Dont want to say what stealing is normal, but I mean about make code better if it possible. Sorry if I say someting strange which can probably understands as something bad.
Don't worry, my comment was based on what I've seen certain people say, not you .
Old 15th May 2015, 02:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

if someone sets up the pj64 wiki i will dedicate a lot of time to edit the fuck out of it and make it amazing, up to date, accurate, and a great resource
Old 15th May 2015, 04:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I think I set up the pj64 site wiki accidentally a while back.

I just remember viewing the Wiki section under GitHub, and that instantly created a wiki section.
Old 15th May 2015, 05:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

oh nice, i'll get onto that tonight
Old 18th May 2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Other than speed, I don't have any real problems with the Pixel Accurate plugin.
That's all well and good, the problem (for me) is when a pixel accurate plugin is the only option, which means I can't use a certain enhancement I enjoy. For example, until very recently Jabo's video was the only one I knew of that had a widescreen hack. Wanna play this game that only works on Rice (for example)? TOO BAD SUCKAH, you either get big black bars on both sides of the screen, or stretchy graphics.

Wanna play this game that needs a pixel accurate plugin? I hope you like playing games in 240i.
Old 18th May 2015, 12:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Um, that's not a problem with N64 emulation; that's a problem with video gamers and their perception of emulation being used to play games through whatever hacks they want. Which is an infinite array of things which when concerned with emulation no accurate development has time to pick and choose between individual tastes.
Old 18th May 2015, 01:39 AM

It's more a matter of the capabilities of the emulator surpassing the limitations of the original console. In a lot of ways N64 emulation already has, but the compatibility isn't quite there yet. Therefore, on topic to the thread:

I see N64 emulation becoming more accurate and compatible in the future, as well as features like built-in netplay becoming more commonplace. Much of my interest in N64 emulation lately is due to netplay (so I am quite interested in fixing Fixed Audio Timing (or watching the progress of it anyway)). I liked GLideN64's approach. Shoot to be as accurate as you can and add complicated hacks and enhancements later. Though in practice I don't think he spent long enough on accuracy/compatibility. Still, it's good work.