Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 5th May 2015, 11:31 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmag View Post
Running Windows 10(9926)
first upgrade your Windows version, the current version is Windows 10 Build 10074 and a lot of things have been fixed.

you can download the updated ISO here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...eview-download
Old 9th May 2015, 02:08 AM

Default Working. Windows 10 Build 10074 x64

It's working with the most recent update.

I tried Chameleon Twist 2 which of course doesn't work, but then 007 which works great.
Old 13th May 2015, 07:36 AM

Having the same problem this guy was. Using Windows 10 build preview 10074, installed the latest direct X runtime, all the C++ and net framework (do I need previous versions of this? or just the one?)

For me, 2.2 instant crashes as soon as it starts. No game loading or nothing. I tried 1.6 as well, but that was when I experienced the game loading crash. Compatibility and administrator privileges didn't help either.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:28 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx6913 View Post
Having the same problem this guy was. Using Windows 10 build preview 10074, installed the latest direct X runtime, all the C++ and net framework (do I need previous versions of this? or just the one?)

For me, 2.2 instant crashes as soon as it starts. No game loading or nothing. I tried 1.6 as well, but that was when I experienced the game loading crash. Compatibility and administrator privileges didn't help either.
check your video drivers, and make sure are properly installed and updated.
Old 15th May 2015, 07:19 AM

My intel video driver works fine, and other emulators also work perfectly fine. Two problems. Project 64 1.6 boots up fine, when I go to configure it, it says that rice video failed to load, and instead it loads up the standard Jabo's Direct8. I have installed direct x 9. Once I try to start the game, it doesn't open a new window, it just instantly stop responding and crashes.

Project 64 2.2 just crashes as soon as I open it. No loading, no nothing. Just boom, stops responding.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:29 AM
Project Supporter

check in the PJ64 /config/ folder and delete the .cache files.
Old 16th May 2015, 03:25 AM

Deleted the folder entirely and reinstalled 2.2. Now it just behaves like 1.6. Both work fine, then you start the game, then it crashes before the game even loads. Doesn't matter whether I use Jabo or Glide plugin, the result is exactly the same.
Old 22nd May 2015, 03:24 AM

Default problem solved....

i was having the same issue on opening a rom, first with the error:

Direct 3D failed to initialize. Error Code: 8876086A. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

and after, new popup with:

'plugins no inicialized... -somenthing like that'

and after the blue screen of dead....i tried several changes, dxdiag (wich was ok), instaling a new direct x, change to glide plugin, install video codecs, unistall, reinstall...and then reinstal de videocard drivers...
after the reinstall i wasn't get the warnings but anyway the game crashes to the blue screen....

so i keep digging, my solution was:

- delete all the folders of project64
- install in a new renamed folder
- reinstall all the redistributable C++ packages
- run the project as an administrator in XP SP2 compatibility mode

...and then...VOILA!

It works fine, i guess was something with the c++ packages, 'cause after reinstall it worked -- only in compatibility, normally in 7 crashs agains, but before it was crashing every way...

I suffer three days looking after, so i wanted to share, maybe it works for someone else...now let me play zelda and be happy

My PC:
Win 7 Home Premium
4gb Ram
AMD Phenon X6
Video: ATI Radeon R7 270 2GB
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:57 AM
Project Supporter

Do your windows updates, bluescreens are a problem of windows not the program (this used to be the case in Windows 98/95), if you still get bluescreens from a normal program it is a Windows/driver/hardware failure issue
Old 29th May 2015, 04:23 AM

Once I return to a place of stability I shall try your long and tedious solution. However, I never received any BSoD. The program only ever straight crashes. So I don't think my specific problem would be covered by your solution. Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully this becomes less of a problem as more people move to Windows 10 this summer and both sides figure out the kinks. For now I'm just playing Tooie on my desktop, as nice as it would be to play on my laptop, it just gets frustrating after a while, especially with an alternate solution available.