Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20th September 2009, 07:37 AM
Javaguru Javaguru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default Pointless Flame War / Trolling from DD discussion

I made an account just to tell you, Squall Leonhart, what a total douchebag you are. You are the very embodiment of everything that pisses me off. You're vain, you're a self-proclaimed know-it-all, and whenever you're directly proved wrong, you ignore it to preserve your supposed infallibility (see here for an example.)

You're always negative, never positive, and believe that if you read something that seems particularly likely to you, it must be true. I haven't read all your posts, but I can't imagine you've been beneficial to this community (at least not for a long time). If you feel you can prove me wrong in a logical way (without doing this, this, or your special, modified version of this,) I would love to hear it.

And now, my rant is done, and I shall now be the voice of wisdom. Here is my position on the addition of N64 DD capabilities to PJ64:
Regardless whether Ura Zelda is actually OoT MQ (which I do have strong opinions on, but I'm done ranting and it's totally irrelevant anyway,) there is lots of content that we know exists for the DD, and emulating it, or at least attempting to emulate it, seems natural for a major N64 emulator like PJ64.

PJ64 is currently very stable, and unless the programmers want to take a long break, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of any other major issues that working on the DD would delay significantly. I can see the argument making sense if there were lots of really important bugs that needed immediate attention, but as it stands now, I can't see the harm in spending a little time on this project. There are also a huge amount of people fascinated by the prospect of emulating the DD (including me, but there aren't many of them on these forums, check YouTube and you'll find lots of them,) especially when there are so many misconceptions about them.

Whew, okay, I'm done. *prepares for vicious retort from Squall and hopes that this will send the thread in a positive direction*

Last edited by Javaguru; 20th September 2009 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20th September 2009, 08:00 AM
squall_leonhart's Avatar
squall_leonhart squall_leonhart is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,918
Default

People creating accounts just to say stuff, are the ones that are vain, moronic douche bags.

What pathetic lives they must have to have to create an account to say something.

and since you don't have access to 1.7.... well atleast a recent version.
its *not* stable
__________________

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20th September 2009, 08:00 AM
Javaguru Javaguru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Actually, I'm going to think ahead and answer questions that I know Squall is going to try to use against me (he's so predictable).

First, I linked 3 fallacies that you commonly use, Appeal to Authority, Appeal to Ridicule, and Personal Attacks. Let me answer your soon-to-be-question as to how you use those fallacies.
  • For Appeal to Authority, you reference your long history on the forums, and pretend that it's obvious that because of it, you must be right. If someone disagrees with you anyways, you insult them. See the bulletin on your use of Personal Attacks
  • When you only use Personal Attacks, without being combined with Appeal to Ridicule (see below,) you typically use it as a response to someone who disagrees with you, especially after they point out that your experience on the forums doesn't necessarily make you right.
  • When referring to members of the opposition, especially those who are absent and can't defend themselves, you commonly combine Appeal to Ridicule with Personal Attacks. You achieve this by creating stereotypes of the opposition who you claim have no idea what they're talking about, and dub them terms likes "fanboy", in a derogative context.

As for the fact that others have used personal attacks, including myself, we base that off of the way we perceive each other, and we are technically all guilty. However, I have listed supporting evidence for said attack, which if you prove beyond a reasonable doubt is incorrect (which means no fallacies, sorry,) then I will take back my words. This, by the way, is a challenge, and if it gets particularly vicious or long-winded, let's take it somewhere else. This thread has had its share of flaming.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20th September 2009, 08:03 AM
Javaguru Javaguru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
People creating accounts just to say stuff, are the ones that are vain, moronic douche bags.

What pathetic lives they must have to have to create an account to say something.
Aha, you found an attack I didn't anticipate! And what evidence have you that creating account to say something makes me a "vain, moronic douche bag"? Did perhaps you mean someone who makes an account to only say one thing, is guilty of said terms? Because if not, you, too, are guilty of the same thing.

Also, I intend on saying lots of things, not just one.

Also, I do not have access to a very recent version, only a semi-recent one, so I will take your word for it that it is not stable. I revise my position, then, that as soon as it is convenient I do not see a reason why not to devote time to this.

Edit: It occurs to me that you may do other stuff with your account than just say things, in which case I am incorrect. However, isn't the main point of forum accounts to say things with them?

Last edited by Javaguru; 20th September 2009 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11th April 2010, 09:40 PM
Master Programmer Master Programmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
have you tried reading kanji lately?
Hello.
i registered in this just to prove wrong just about everything you said, and/or humiliate and demean you.
sorry, i used too big of words for you.
here is what i said in your language:
I'M HERE TO MAKE YOU SAD.

anyways, to my point.
it DOESN'T MATTER if the games are in japanese of any type, i can TRANSLATE JUST ABOUT ANY OF THEM.
furthermore, there are people who translate games you know.
sorry, i forgot, you're too caught up in your own little world, to face reality.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Master Programmer Master Programmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
What pathetic lives they must have to have to create an account to say something.
Wait a second. (Sorry, i forgot, you're too dumb to know what one is, so here you go: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second" )
what that sounds like to me, is:
"What a pathetic waste of space and oxygen i am, and these people are catching on to that........so i should insult them to make myself feel better! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!1!1!1!"
you must really have no life if you're just flaming right back at us!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
What a loser!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11th April 2010, 10:03 PM
Master Programmer Master Programmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
...now fuck off you god damned pothead.
now the pot is REALLY calling the kettle black.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11th April 2010, 10:15 PM
squall_leonhart's Avatar
squall_leonhart squall_leonhart is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,918
Default

Hi, thanks for registering to make me lol just one more time today.

but please stop, you'll make me wake the house up if i keep lolling about how all you pathetic fucks keep signing up to post their 2c.

Btw, master programmer.... ROTFLMAO. your penis must be small, anyone claiming to be a master programmer is looking for compensation.

Also, Translators who are in it for the props and the credits are the lamest, most irrelevantly pathetic fucktards on the face of the planet. Any serious translators hide the fuck away because they get swamped by dumbshits wanting shit translated.

now, GTFO. you inbred goatrooter.

Repost
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiff
1) useful to the majority of users.
the question is not "why not add ..." the question is "why should we addd ... ?"
it should not make the emulator any more complicated to use, unless there's a very great benefit to the change. if its a suggestion that removes controls or simplifies the UI, even better!


2) worth the time to implement. this is part of the above point (time vs benefit), but its often hard for people to guess how difficult something is. try to use common sense here.

3) explained clearly.
its no good having a great idea if we don't understand you. drawings or annotated screenshots sometimes help! don't be afraid to use a paint program, and this isn't an art class!

4) specific and non obvious.
things like "why not support (some game marked unsupported in rom browser)?" are not helpful because we will already know the problem and already tried to fix it.


5) use the search and read the changelogs and ToDos to see if we have already done it or are planning to do it!
remember most things that can reasonably be done with an N64 emulator, have already been thought of by this point! having said that, you might have a great idea so if you still think it's great, post it.

6) think about your idea for a day before posting it.
I often post something that i think is brilliant only to realise a massive flaw in it 5 minutes later.. just save yourself the embarassment and mull it over a while


7) try to have a complete idea. think about all aspects.. what sort of interface changes your idea might need (the more, the less likely it is to happen..), what other things it might impact on, etc.

8) finally, please remember to ask politely and not demand, this as a hobby, not a job. most people understand this but not everyone..

Thanks for your ideas!
__________________

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Last edited by squall_leonhart; 11th April 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15th May 2010, 06:22 PM
Master Programmer Master Programmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
Hi, thanks for registering to make me lol just one more time today.

but please stop, you'll make me wake the house up if i keep lolling about how all you pathetic fucks keep signing up to post their 2c.

Btw, master programmer.... ROTFLMAO. your penis must be small, anyone claiming to be a master programmer is looking for compensation.

Also, Translators who are in it for the props and the credits are the lamest, most irrelevantly pathetic fucktards on the face of the planet. Any serious translators hide the fuck away because they get swamped by dumbshits wanting shit translated.

now, GTFO. you inbred goatrooter.

Repost
oh my gosh.
is your avi seriously a final fantasy character?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
what a loser!!!! XD
wow!!!!

anways, to my point.
i cant believe a loser like you even has HALF a brain!!! XD
i never thought someone could have so few I.Q points, but you sure as heck proved me wrong. XD
the only thing that could make you even more retarded, is if you were a liberal obama-fan. XD

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Master Programmer Master Programmer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
Btw, master programmer.... ROTFLMAO. your penis must be small, anyone claiming to be a master programmer is looking for compensation.
Yeah, because everybody knows, that being a GOOD programmer pays so little, and i could easily NOT make the next electronic hit. XD
while you're "lolling" in your little apartment, scratching for an extra dollar, i'll be making the next gaming hit, and raking in billions of dollars.

so now i'm wondering, who will REALLY be looking for compensation? XD
and in case you're too stupid, that was a "retorical" question.
oh sorry, let me break that down into something you can understand:
"L0L 1Ts a QU3ST1ON Y0U D0N'T ANSW3R!!!!1!1!!!!1!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.