Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2013, 03:01 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
...Konami games works well, obviously there is some audio speed up at times to catch with the FPS but not noticeable enough to become annoying. Strangely (XAudio2) works better for me than DirectSound in Windows XP, If I change to DirectSound I get FPS micro stuttering.
Yeah, old DirectSound code was factored from the old basic audio DLL core in zilmar's audio plugin.

So it has some advantages, some disadvantages over Jabo's DirectSound.
Most of the migration was to the custom XAudio2 thing though, so that's supposed to sound better.

Quote:
My only problem, and its a big one, is that whenever I try to close the emulator or press F12 to end the emulation, the plugin causes a crash.
What if you try loading a saved state with F5 and F7 in Project64? Can you also get plugins to crash then?
Old 11th October 2013, 03:32 AM

Nope, I can use savestates normally, the audio resumes fine and everything seems to work well...
Old 11th October 2013, 04:16 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

ok

So if it crashes, then it is a problem involving CloseDLL.
Because saved states don't call that, only RomClosed. Closing the ROM calls both.

Can't really fix that yourself programmatically of course since the current version isn't open-source, but in the meantime you can always switch between XAudio and DirectSound or use compatibility mode settings when running the EXE.
Old 11th October 2013, 07:30 AM

Yeah, I guess I will have to wait until shunyuan take a look at this. Thanks for the help, its really a shame since this plugin run almost flawlessly in all the N64 games I play...
Old 12th October 2013, 04:38 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
I have been using the last few weeks your plugin and I must give you a BIG thank you, for me its the best audio plugin I tried so far, the FPS its smooth and at constant 60FPS, Konami games works well, obviously there is some audio speed up at times to catch with the FPS but not noticeable enough to become annoying. Strangely XAudio2 works better for me than DirectSound in Windows XP, If I change to DirectSound I get FPS micro stuttering.

My only problem, and its a big one, is that whenever I try to close the emulator or press F12 to end the emulation, the plugin causes a crash.

Tested on a: Q9660 Intel Core 2 Quad, Asus 9600GT Nvidia, 2 GB of RAM and Windows XP SP3 32Bits running Project64 1.6.1 with your HLE audio plugin v1.8.2u1 ...
Sorry, I cannot reproduce the problem on my computer.

My OS is win7 32 bit and I don't have a computer that runs XP.

Can you provide your settings of PJ64 1.6 and tell me which game that causes the problem?
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 12th October 2013, 04:55 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I will have to wait until shunyuan take a look at this. Thanks for the help, its really a shame since this plugin run almost flawlessly in all the N64 games I play...
Did you have several version of this audio plugin in your PJ64 1.6 plugin folder?

Can you give the information about your computer spec and other plugins that you used for PJ64 1.6?
Old 12th October 2013, 10:27 AM

Glad to know you are still here shunyuan, the plugin causes a crash with every game I tested so far (14 in total) from mario64 to Zelda OOT.

I only have the last version of your plugin HleAudio_1.8.2u1 aside the default 1.6.1 Jabo's audio plugin in my PJ64 1.6.1 folder, the other plugins are: Jabo'sDirect3D8 1.6.1 and NRage's DInput8 V2 1.80a.

My specs are: Q9660 Intel Core 2 Quad, Asus 9600GT Nvidia, 2GB RAM and the OS is a fresh Windows XP SP3 32Bits install

Tomorrow I will install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits to test if I dont crash with your plugin there
Old 12th October 2013, 10:36 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Glad to know you are still here shunyuan, the plugin causes a crash with every game I tested so far (14 in total) from mario64 to Zelda OOT.

I only have the last version of your plugin HleAudio_1.8.2u1 aside the default 1.6.1 Jabo's audio plugin in my PJ64 1.6.1 folder, the other plugins are: Jabo'sDirect3D8 1.6.1 and NRage's DInput8 V2 1.80a.

My specs are: Q9660 Intel Core 2 Quad, Asus 9600GT Nvidia, 2GB RAM and the OS is a fresh Windows XP SP3 32Bits install

Tomorrow I will install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits to test if I dont crash with your plugin there
Before you try Windows 7 - 64, maybe you should try to update DirectX runtime first.

Have you install the latest DirectX runtime? Since the latest DriectX runtime also update XAudio2 driver.

DirectX Web Installer here:
Old 12th October 2013, 11:46 AM

I had installed the latest DirectX update for Windows XP which is 9.0c June 2010, also latest VC Redist for 2005 2008 and 2010 to rule that out...

UPDATE: The plugin rarely crashes under Windows 7 64 Bits

UPDATE 2: It crashes if I press reset (F1) in the emu too...

Last edited by Marcelo_20xx; 13th October 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 19th October 2013, 06:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalierBlanc View Post
Yes it is, with it, you can use dolby pro logic II decoder. ( 5.1 surround )

Not with xaudio2
Damn straight, bro!
I just assembled an object-oriented manipulated OpenAL tester, and it's the best.

I never pictured myself doing any audio coding, but that shit is way smoother to follow than DirectX/COM WIN32.

I may not have the audio hardware you suggested, but I checked the EFX extensions (no EAX support on my machine) using an OpenAL sound plugin for Winamp...damn. Best damn audio output device I have heard on these shitty headphones.

I must thank you for the referral.
Closed Thread