Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2013, 11:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The fact is, if it wasn't otherwise the exact same code as 1964 Audio, and if it didn't use my RSP interpreter source code inside the "audio HLE" callback function, just so he'd call this plugin HLE audio (still LLE), this XAudio plugin would be a damn fine alternative.

I don't hate Shunyuan's plugins just because they're made by Shunyuan.
I only hate them because he's knowingly doing things the wrong way. He admits, if anything, passively what the problems are (according to me and a few others), but he's so stubborn about just doing things for fame, reputation and respect that he can't even fathom the thought of just programming for the artistic benefit of creating a solid, good work of art. He's unmoved by the point that he's sacrificed compatibility, accuracy, performance, and even legal issues just to impress the lot of you naive dopes.

The last thing I should ever have to need is your credibility either, or anyone else's. I don't argue for credibility; I argue for truth. Every time that you idiots won't shut up and stop resurrecting these imaginary revolution fantasies of plugin competition wars of yours, I'll match it just as much until I get my next ban.
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:47 AM
Project Supporter

Please don't call me optimistic, N64 development is a huge mess at the moment because a lot of stuff is being developed without any coordination, integration or user-friendliness. The end users are left with nothing but a huge mess of hundreds of unstable or broken emulators, tools, plugins and config files.
Old 23rd December 2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatCat View Post
Wouldn't be the first time you were wrong about something.
Constant optimists tend to have that problem.

For example, did you know that this plugin is the ONLY XAudio plugin for N64 emulators?
That's why it sounds so great. I never said it doesn't SOUND the best on most N64 emulators. (You're forgetting Nemu64. LaC's audio is still the most compatible and sounds better.)

Shunyuan's XAudio implementation is actually pretty decent. I'm not denying that.
But like the typical optimist in every single post you make on this forum in the middle of a pessimistic debate between other people, as usual, you're missing the point.

Besides, Jabo's DirectSound and Azimer's both sound better than this plugin in DirectSound mode. I don't use XAudio yet.

Can you do me a favor and reread my post again, and try to answer me my simple question, ty. <-------------------------------

Oh and btw, i just downloaded nemu0.8 version for testing grace of you. And i sounded really good !!!!!!!!!!!!! really good sound, clear sound

Last edited by Whiteknight17; 23rd December 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 23rd December 2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Sad to tell ya, but the solution ain't using Project64.

I'm sure like so many you're a big fan of this here emulator, but I'm also sure you've noticed it got more unstable, broken, and ill-coordinated with every next release. It's simpler to just rely on Project64 1.6, Nemu64, Mupen64, 1964 these days.

Especially if you are indeed a fan of HLE and high-resolution emulation etc. instead of doing LLE things, then those should already be ideal for most games. But yes, you're right, not all. N64 is just one of those systems notorious for the lack of upper generalization on the pseudo-code level for different games, lacking a BIOS for the OS and all, and for having almost no documentation at all on the low-level which would have worked for everything.

Wow, thank you for your answer, you have great knowledge about n64 emulation, i understand everything you're saying excepted the low-level

i dont know what is that.

Last edited by Whiteknight17; 23rd December 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 23rd December 2013, 06:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Um, anytime I guess.

Low-level, by this I mean on the hardware-level of the N64 system.

Some people divide this sort of perspective on emulation as "low-level" versus "high-level" emulation (or LLE vs HLE).

LLE is on the hardware level because it uses knowledge of the source of the hardware's behavior--why this or that output gets produced by the function.

And HLE is sort of more towards the software level because it does not use this knowledge. It would rather study the outputs of the hardware and just copy those outputs into a table of reactions to react to whatever input in the emulator. Obviously this is faster and better at allowing to use YOUR OWN hardware to imitate the emulated hardware, rather than using [knowledge of] the target system's hardware. Sort of like using a static recompiler core versus an interpreter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteknight17 View Post
Can you do me a favor and reread my post again, and try to answer me my simple question, ty. <-------------------------------

Oh and btw, i just downloaded nemu0.8 version for testing grace of you. And i sounded really good !!!!!!!!!!!!! really good sound, clear sound
I don't know anything about XAudio. I usually just use DirectSound or OpenAL, which is the rivaling power to the quality of XAudio. We do have a XAudio plugin now, but we don't have an OpenAL plugin.

Yeah, it's true. It's easy to make any other sound plugin, sound just like this one here, but it's not easy to replicate the DirectSound integration of Nemu64's audio plugin.
Old 24th December 2013, 10:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, it's true. It's easy to make any other sound plugin, sound just like this one here
Yeh, why not share us with your audio plugin here and show us how easy it is, you sick person.

download FatCat's audio plugin here
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 24th December 2013, 10:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyuan View Post
Yeh, why not share us with your audio plugin here and show us how easy it is, you sick person.
Do you see that, folks?

Shunyuan is so mad that he couldn't get zilmar's attention to bundle his poor, hastily made software with Project64, that it made him call me a "sick person".

He must really be upset for reasons I can only hope to comprehend.

Also, you can re-post binaries I posted years ago if you like, but my sound plugin isn't even a DirectSound one anymore. But you're welcome to re-upload old builds if it makes you feel less inferior or whatever.
Old 25th December 2013, 11:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

No, just let people knew what kind of person who you are, why you acted like this on this forum, and why you always insult others call them retards. Because the truth is you are a disabled person with mentally ill, and you have no control over it.

Quote:
I have names such as "Iconoclast", "Icono", "Mr. Clast", "Clasty", "Mephostophilis", "Mammon", and some other names I have either used or not used.

I started out as a kid with arithmetic skills for, say, a Fifth Grader, Asperger's Disorder (good at Math, bad at English, social problems, all that fun stuff), and Attention Deficit Disorder. These disabilities are, as you can see, still in my nature. I take relatively long to answer questions and am slow with testing of almost all sorts.
Quote:
I wrote what I was diagnosed with (although probably inaccurately because of some abnormal medical conditions I was brought up with when I was real young), some of my talents, some of my problems in school, normal stuff I guess.
Don't forget to see a doctor and take medicine for your own goodness.
AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio (on board)
RAM: 4 GB
Old 26th December 2013, 12:25 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Sorry, I guess I should have learned to write in your native language.

Whatever it is, I don't think you're correctly interpreting the English of what I wrote.
Or you wouldn't keep quoting it as though there was anything weird-sounding or shameful in what I wrote.

Diagnosis is generally a scientific suspicion, not a "fact" of the way someone's brain works.

Also, name one person on this forum who I called a retard other than you.
This is not an insult OR a name, if it's a FACT: You ARE as dumb as an ox.
Nobody else on this forum. Not nintendo1889, not pokefan, just you.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:49 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

By the way, for the sake of argument:
Let's assume for a moment that it's true about me having a learning disability.

A "learning disability" is not treated by "seeing a doctor for medicine".
You don't consume medicine as a solution to mental learning problems.

[One does however use medicine as a solution to severe depression, which may explain why you lash out for no justifiable reason.]
Closed Thread