Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 23rd April 2017, 12:15 PM

Default Black Screen Upon Start-Up On Certain Games

Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me out, because I'm super confused.

I have Project64 version 2.3.2.202, and some games work just fine, while others recently have been giving me a black screen when I boot them. The game IS running as there is audio and I can hear the SFX when I push Start or move through the menus.

The games in question I've been having issues with are WCW vs. nWo: World Tour, WCW/nWo: Revenge, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 1... similar games, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WWF No Mercy, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 all work perfectly.

I've tried using both Glide64 For PJ64: 2.1.2.202 and Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5. My computer is running 64-bit Windows 10, has 8 GB of memory, and has up-to-date Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M for graphics.

Pretty much all I changed in the graphics settings in PJ64 was the resolution, but it just seems really strange to me that only two of these six games work when all documentation points to most having no issues and one or two having flicker problems.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LazyHero64; 23rd April 2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Slightly new information.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:54 AM

Default Black Screen Upon Start Up On Certain Games

In my TV the main menus do not fill the full screen, although it works fine in game. Does anyone experience the same thing?
Old 3rd June 2017, 10:36 AM

Default Black Screen Upon Start Up On Certain Games

At least with the snow on the ground its not as hard to have the engine apart. If it was sunny and 20 out right now, Id be pretty pissed off lol