Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 7th March 2016, 02:16 AM

I haven't had any issue with the sniper rifle when it comes to zooming in/out. Remember however that dual analog control will NOT work for 4 player deathmatch. Only TWO player deathmatch. The reason being is that on the actual N64 you needed TWO controllers to do this. This of course uses both the Player 1 AND Player 2 ports. You'd hold BOTH controller in each hand by the middle handle. Left hand's "Z" aimed and right's "Z" fired. Pretty novel outside of the box idea by RAREWARE! What you're doing is emulating that effect into ONE controller.

I DO have an update in regards to the triggers. Them being joined again is the result of a March 3rd update (update KB3140743). Removing this update restores the trigger's separation. I JUST confirmed that for myself prior to typing this message. Because of this, I'd recommend an Xbox One controller over a 360. Although as stated prior, you COULD just use the left and right bumpers to aim and shoot instead of the triggers.

What's funny is that I didn't even know about this "dual analog" control setup until I saw a video of someone joining 2 N64 controllers together into one monstrosity! It was in regards to an N64 Star Wars game and and included a "little" footnote stating that it worked for GoldenEye as well. Up until that point I always thought that the dual controller controls were some rushed, poorly implemented, shoehorned attempt at "Co-op". Was I... WRONG!

So, I loaded the game and set everything up as I've described to you and was BLOWN away. Dual Analog COMPLETELY changes the game! Sure, you could always have either precise analog controlled aiming OR the same for moving, but NOT BOTH. With BOTH having analog control you've got a GoldenEye on your hands that let's you use STEALTH!
Old 7th March 2016, 04:32 AM

You're fantastic, thanks so much for this information. I'm going to order the Xbox One controller. That's about how serious I am about this game! I will certainly be putting my skills using the original controller vs. a player using the Xbox controller. This will be interesting in terms of excuse making, or perhaps changing how people play GoldenEye multiplayer moving forward. Competitive GoldenEye is 2 player, so this setup will be right on the mark. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2016, 06:57 PM

When it comes to that update that brings the triggers back to together after you uninstall the problem update proceed with the following link at the bottom to prevent the update from happening again. By not doing this the update will keep coming back.

Also with 2 player deathmatch you'll want your controller bound to the Player 1 and Player THREE. Just set the P2 config I gave to you P3. Whether in single player or multiplayer set the in game controls to "Goodhead" or controls 2.4 in Perfect Dark.

Hiding windows update:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-t...3-501298.shtml
Old 7th March 2016, 08:22 PM

Thanks. My controller is on order, will have it in a couple days. I'm excited to give this a whirl. Without your insight, no way I would figure this out. The aim cancellation issue/fix is really appreciated. I'm confident even in 2016 that a head-to-head shooter competition would be appreciate by a lot of people. One missing ingredient after this. GoldenEye needs to run at close to 60 FPS, but that's another story.
Old 20th March 2016, 05:42 PM

@NUK3, I finally got my Xbox One controller. Hopefully today I have a chance to give this a whirl. Thanks for your help thus far!
Old 23rd January 2017, 01:00 PM

Any change someone could reupload the controller profile config? I'd love to play Goldeneye with dual analog just like modern shooters!
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:34 PM

Default GoldenEye Dual-Analog

Just do this!

I'll assume you're using an XBOX 360/One controller, but should apply to ANY dual analog PC gamepad.

Go into input settings and enable BOTH P1 and P2 controllers.

Assign the P1 N64 control stick to your PC pad's RIGHT analog stick.

Assign the P2 N64 control stick to your PC pad's LEFT analog stick.

Assign the P1 A, B, Start to your pad. Also the D-Pad (which I reccomend using to navigate the pause menu) is set to P1.

Something I like to personally do is set P1 N64 "B" to XBOX "X" and P2 N64 "B" to XBOX "B". What this does is open doors with X and to reload with B. Granted both X and B will do both, but it's a nice little touch of further "modern-ness".

Now, triggers are NO LONGER SEPERATE for XBOX One despite my workaround . So in regards to aiming and firing it'll be up to your preference. For ME I have LB to aim and RT to fire. In this manner LB is set to Z on P1 and RT set to Z on P2. Some prefer using Z with LT. In this case just swap the inputs when configuring input.

Once all that is configured I'd recommend saving the respective configs yourself in A Controller Profiles folder (i.e GoldenEye duel-analog P1.xxx and GoldenEye duel-analog P2.xxx)

At this point boot up the game and begin a mission. Once it begins, pause the game and navigate to the in-game controller configuration. Choose controller style 2.4 GOODHEAD and enjoy a modern feel of true dual analog GoldenEye!

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 23rd January 2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:04 PM

I am using a Xbox One Controle, which i updated today and i have problems too...
if i use xinput the i move forewards when hold the stick up -.-

It kind of works with this configuration (not perfect):
flaws:
- select mission screen i have to use both analog sticks to navigate.
- aming with the L or R buttons doesnt work correctly.

NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 can you maybe post a screenshot of your configuration. i tried to follow your instructions but it doesnt work for me (but im not 100% sure i can follow your instructions )
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:56 PM

Default GolenEye Dual-Analog

Sure!

Here are my settings. I typically use Jabo's input plugin, but am no stranger to N-Rage's plugin.

Jabo

And N-Rage

NOTE that they are in two parts. A part for CONTROLLER 1 and a part for CONTROLLER 2. That is why there are chunks of empty or unassigned buttons. There is NO NEED for C-Button configurations for example as those "would be" actions are now handled by an analog. The best way to put it is each half of the XBOX controller handles a "emulated" controller. Each half of your XBOX controller represents controller 1 and controller 2.

Even though the image I have of my N-Rage config is from a different version it will still work the same. XINPUT WILL STILL BE UNTICKED TOO!

Ask again for more help and good luck!

EDIT:

Oops! The N-Rage Z's should be swapped. LB for Z on controller 1 and RT for Z on controller 2. Again, if it's not obvious, you are assigning buttons from controller 1 and controller 2 to your single controller and REMEMBER, Controller Style 2.4 GOODHEAD in the PAUSE screen when you start a mission.

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 24th January 2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old 25th January 2017, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 that works great.