Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 16th April 2016, 11:57 PM

Good thing you told me it wasn't supported by 64bit, because my computer is 64bit. I almost bought it. I guess they will be useless eventually, i only have 64 bit computers,

My credit card doesn't normally work with paypal. I think they blocked my card years ago and now anything PROCESSED by paypal won't work. I should get a new card but i haven't bothered to. Most places accept credit card without processed by paypal. I think that's what the problem is.

i used the email, support@raphnet-tech.com, he still never did reply from there or his ebay account,

my friend said he used a different email, the one you said, and he replied fast

anyways, GREAT NEWS ,

i had to get my friend to purchase the adapter for me, i payed him in cash and he used he paypal account and ordered me one.

that was about 1 week ago, and IT ARRIVED THIS MORNING!

not only that, my n64 controller and rumble all arrived on the same day as well, so

i have been testing it and using it all morning,

testing has been going well and in fact i have been playing video games all morning, both n64 and gamecube!

it makes such a big difference using the orignal controller, i no longer have to remember which buttons are which, i can easily remember from memory or in the game they always show the button color and name,

it's so great, i can use both my gamecube and n64 controllers,

and rumble! it works!!

rumble works fine on the gamecube controller, using dolphin,

rumble on project64 works for version 2.2, but doesn't work on 1.6

i finally managed to download v2.2, i had to install a bunch of ad-ware, i had to download it on my old computer because i don't want add-ware on my new computer, i had to delete a bunch of add-ware like browser bar,and the antivirus wouldn't let me install it, so i had to turn it off,

im going to have to format it, luckily i only use it for video games and not online,

i was playing goldeneye today! and rumble worked great, i remember the old days when i had my n64 and rumble made the game much better,

The adapter is made from really good quality, it's not cheaply made,

i am very happy with it, thank you very much for recommending me this adapter, it cost me 47.15 CAD, it is worth the money, i can finally play n64 games on my computer,

www.google.com
Old 16th April 2016, 11:59 PM

Good thing you told me it wasn't supported by 64bit, because my computer is 64bit. I almost bought it. I guess they will be useless eventually, i only have 64 bit computers,

My credit card doesn't normally work with paypal. I think they blocked my card years ago and now anything PROCESSED by paypal won't work. I should get a new card but i haven't bothered to. Most places accept credit card without processed by paypal. I think that's what the problem is.

i used the email, support@raphnet-tech.com, he still never did reply from there or his ebay account,

my friend said he used a different email, the one you said, and he replied fast

anyways, GREAT NEWS ,

i had to get my friend to purchase the adapter for me, i payed him in cash and he used he paypal account and ordered me one.

that was about 1 week ago, and IT ARRIVED THIS MORNING!

not only that, my n64 controller and rumble all arrived on the same day as well, so

i have been testing it and using it all morning,

testing has been going well and in fact i have been playing video games all morning, both n64 and gamecube!

it makes such a big difference using the orignal controller, i no longer have to remember which buttons are which, i can easily remember from memory or in the game they always show the button color and name,

it's so great, i can use both my gamecube and n64 controllers,

and rumble! it works!!

rumble works fine on the gamecube controller, using dolphin,

rumble on project64 works for version 2.2, but doesn't work on 1.6

i finally managed to download v2.2, i had to install a bunch of ad-ware, i had to download it on my old computer because i don't want add-ware on my new computer, i had to delete a bunch of add-ware like browser bar,and the antivirus wouldn't let me install it, so i had to turn it off,

im going to have to format it, luckily i only use it for video games and not online,

i was playing goldeneye today! and rumble worked great, i remember the old days when i had my n64 and rumble made the game much better,

The adapter is made from really good quality, it's not cheaply made,

i am very happy with it, thank you very much for recommending me this adapter, it cost me 47.15 CAD, it is worth the money, i can finally play n64 games on my computer,
Old 17th April 2016, 12:04 AM

i wish i could post links here, so i could post pictures of the adapter and my setup, but i can't ,

anyways ended up getting a second rumble pak at the video game store for 9 bucks,

my next project is too take apart the rumble pak and re-solder it inside, i saw a video on youtube where they re-soldered the rumble pak and it doesn't need batteries anymore,

i am going to try it this month or next month and i will post updates here,

i'm just waiting on the 2 dollar special tool i ordered on ebay so i can open up the rumble pak,

the controller i received is pretty much new, the joystick is not used up, works great!
Old 17th April 2016, 05:40 PM

AWESOME TO HEAR!!!

In regards to downloading the emu here, you're not alone as I've NEVER been able to download it here without SOMETHING getting installed I don't want . And I'M not someone who's just clicking "Next, Next, Next, Next...". I go out of my way to look for "custom installation" or "SKIP" or "No thanks". REALLY annoying when it screws up my chrome extensions and general browser settings.

You sure can mod a RUMBLE Pak to work without batteries. I've got two myself that I did this for. An official N64 RUMBLE Pak and a Tremor Pak (not the hybrid MemPak one, but the sort of wedge shaped one) and they work PERFECTLY fine. Feels just as strong as the batteries that'd be in there.

Anyway, glad to help steer you in the right direction. Good luck with the mods and happy gaming!
Old 18th April 2016, 09:58 PM

I do feel I should clarify, the Adaptoid does work with 64-bit Windows, but not all the features work. You can still use it as a controller, but the rumble and memcard support doesn't work.
Old 14th May 2016, 02:44 AM

Here's a small update.

I was waiting for my n64 screwdriver from china that i ordered from ebay. It never came... over a month, the seller ended up giving me a refund. Luckily today i found a tool set at the local used store for 5 bucks with had the n64 screwdriver type.

I ended up modding my rumble pak. It was quite simple, i learnt to solder a long time ago so it was not a hard task.

Just like you said it works perfectly fine! Actually i don't notice any difference. It feels just as strong with and without batteries. A little lighter since the batteries are gone.

I am extremely happy about that. Batteries suck.

and the adapter.

So far i've only noticed 2 strange things about the adapter.

1. If i leave the controller plugged in, and i turn on my computer won't start. It always gets stuck at the windows screens and reboots itself.
I couldn't figure this out for the longest time, it was driving me nuts.

I can leave the usb part plugged in, my computers starts fine, i just have to make sure to unplug the controller if i want to restart my computer. It's not a big deal, since i rarely restart my computer. If i do, not i know to unplug the controller, Just in case someone has that problem, now they know the solution

2. I updated the firmware and it said it failed, but then i plugged it back in and it and the firmware was updated. I was worried i corrupted it, but no, it works fine, Strange, but no problem with it. So it's good.

I will email the developer with these 2 small problems,

Other than that! i love my adapater! i have been playing zelda on gamecube everyday and castlevania, goldeneye, zelda for the n64. It's so much fun. I've already spent 38 hours playing zelda t-princess.

It is amazing how much i play videos games now since i can play it on my computer,

I haven't played video games in years because i hated playing on a separate tv, i love doing everything from my computer.

I'm really surprised there isn't 1 emulator that plays all systems.

It would be great.

happy guy

Last edited by zelda_fan; 14th May 2016 at 02:48 AM.
Old 14th May 2016, 08:42 PM

I haven't experienced your issue of starting the computer with the adapter AND controller connected. Mine starts just fine with a controller and adapter connected. I WANT to say use a different mini USB or various USB ports, but since you're able to leave the ADAPTER plugged in WITHOUT a controller it seems some subtle issue on the controller's end may exist. Does this happen with the GCN controller as well? Either way, you've found a quick and simple workaround for this so no BIG deal there.

The closest thing you're going to get to an all in one emulator is to use a frontend system that organizes your roms into one place.

If you're interested in something like that go HERE.

It's another thread here on the site. Someone asked about using their XBOX One controller to close the emu. The details MAINLY cover how to get all your roms into one place, Steam. The process is called Steam ICE.

I've personally done this myself. I've not tried using my N64 or GCN controller to navigate Big Picture Mode, but it "should" work.

Edit: The adapter works FINE with Steam Big Picture. Just go to settings in Big Picture to edit the controller layout.

Here's an example:

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 15th May 2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 7th April 2017, 05:58 AM

I know this thread is a year old but I wanted to ask NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 if I'll have a problem playing with four, 1 player n64/Gamecube usb's, or with two, 2 player N64 usb's in Project64 1.6?

Thank You

Last edited by Minion; 7th April 2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 9th April 2017, 07:46 AM

Default Multiple Adapter Combinations

So long as you've got enough USB ports, I don't see why multiple adapters or combinations of simultaneous use of 1 or 2 player adapters wouldn't work together.

Unless 1.6 just seems to run better for you, the Raphnet site has it's own input plugin for 2.2 (I "think" just 2.2+) and above that requires NO configuration. You simply have your controller(s) connected, run the emu, choose the Raphnet input plugin from Options and you're ready to go. Unique to this plugin is that ALL controller peripherals seem to work! RUMBLE PAK, Controller PAK, Transfer PAK, etc...

NOTE:
The above info about the plugin applies ONLY to the gen3 and above adapters!
Old 10th April 2017, 06:12 AM

Thank you for the response!

Got a response from the guy that makes them and he said either one I buy will work with 4 players in Project 64 1.6

I'm just waiting for one more email from him then I'll buy 2 Dual N64 controller to USB adapter's.