Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 30th December 2016, 02:40 PM

Unhappy Majora's mask graphics error help pls

i'm on the first temple, when i'm going to enter in te room before the boss room
the game crashes, i already switched the plugin and the error continues with other message

Old 4th January 2017, 01:27 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's usually because of cheats, frequent saved states, or is just something Jabo's HLE graphics plugin doesn't like about what happened in the dynamic re-compiler. If you can't find out how to solve it any other way try switching to another graphics plugin or running Jabo's plugin (which I see by the error message, you're using it) in LLE graphics mode instead.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
It's usually because of cheats, frequent saved states, or is just something Jabo's HLE graphics plugin doesn't like about what happened in the dynamic re-compiler. If you can't find out how to solve it any other way try switching to another graphics plugin or running Jabo's plugin (which I see by the error message, you're using it) in LLE graphics mode instead.
wait, i use save states a lot, you think that's it?
and what is a LLE graphics mode? i don't know where i find this option
(srry bad english, that's not my language)

Last edited by Funnyshii; 22nd April 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 22nd April 2017, 05:51 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Majora's Mask is prone to breaking with save states,often losing your native save data when you would want to,for example,un-lose your sword or empty bottle against that vulture in Termina Field.
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Majora's Mask is prone to breaking with save states,often losing your native save data when you would want to,for example,un-lose your sword or empty bottle against that vulture in Termina Field.
so that means i have to play a new save without do save states?

Last edited by Funnyshii; 22nd April 2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 23rd April 2017, 01:25 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Savestates are bad mk?
Old 23rd April 2017, 05:24 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

For the very least,you can try to make a native save either with an Owl Statue or playing the Ocarina,wait a few seconds,end the game,exit out of PJ64,open PJ64 then run the game,and check to see if it saved properly and maybe you will also avoid the errors that you are getting.

But if you get a broken or empty save,you will need to start from scratch,first deleting the save file manually within the directory its located in to make sure it doesn't happen immediately again on the restart.

If you need to,watch part of a 100% speedrun up to the point where you were at,provided you can find one that doesn't constantly exploit frame-perfect glitches/tricks and does it the proper way so you can copy the steps the speedrunner does to make it back there.

You can always just use infinite health probably with no big issues,or a have bottle code with it always having a fairy.
Though there isn't massive consequences when dying from health loss like Ocarina has IIRC.
Old 26th April 2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
For the very least,you can try to make a native save either with an Owl Statue or playing the Ocarina,wait a few seconds,end the game,exit out of PJ64,open PJ64 then run the game,and check to see if it saved properly and maybe you will also avoid the errors that you are getting.

But if you get a broken or empty save,you will need to start from scratch,first deleting the save file manually within the directory its located in to make sure it doesn't happen immediately again on the restart.

If you need to,watch part of a 100% speedrun up to the point where you were at,provided you can find one that doesn't constantly exploit frame-perfect glitches/tricks and does it the proper way so you can copy the steps the speedrunner does to make it back there.

You can always just use infinite health probably with no big issues,or a have bottle code with it always having a fairy.
Though there isn't massive consequences when dying from health loss like Ocarina has IIRC.
okay thanks
if the first thing don't work i'll start from scratch
Old 21st May 2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:

Hey, i actually get it back on the point i was not using any save state, but still crashing when i enter in the room before de first boss
Old 21st May 2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
i finally get it, when i put on LLE graphics mode the game crashes when i open the rom