Old 7th March 2010, 07:59 AM

Exclamation Uninstall Bug?...

So, after experiencing a save glitch with WWF No Mercy I decided to uninstall Project 64 1.6 and all associated files. The problem being that WWF No Mercy's in game data became stuck in a state that you couldn't progress out of i.e. game progress and options could not be permanently altered and all advancements would revert back to an earlier state upon returning to the main menu.

After uninstalling Project64 and removing all files associated with it I then reinstalled PJ64 and loaded WWF No Mercy. However, the in game data was still the same. I even tried different versions of the rom. I'm not sure where this data is coming from since I deleted all data associated with PJ64 I could find.

I'm completely confused.

Last edited by Electric Muslim; 7th March 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:38 PM

I've noticed this too. There must be some files outside of the emulator. When switching between two emulators I can save a game on one and pick it up on the other. maybe delete the rom?
Old 10th March 2010, 05:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

did you delete the no mercy save file from the saves folder.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 10th March 2010, 09:24 AM

I literally deleted every file (save files etc.) I could find associated with PJ64 (I even searched my registry for anything related) but, I must be missing something though I'm not sure what it could be. I've read other boards where people claim to have a similar problem so, I know it's a fairly common issue however, no solutions yet.
Old 10th March 2010, 09:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't know how to measure progress in this game, so will you give me an example of something I should look for as a sign that progress has been made in it, something I can see soon after I first start the game in the emulator?

Also could it be that you have any modifier codes turn on (Ctrl+C while the game is running to see these.) that force progress in the game?
Old 11th March 2010, 04:04 PM

As far as progress goes, it happens but, doesn't last. For instance I can edit a character when I'm within the edit menu but, the moment I return to the main menu all progress returns to the same previous point and all edited data is lost. I even deleted memory paks and tried to alter in game data with mods, nothing works.

I turned off cheats etc. and that has no effect on the problem. Like I said I deleted and uninstalled everything associated with PJ64 and reinstalled yet the problem continues. I hope this can get figured out because I'd like to know what is causing this.

Last edited by Electric Muslim; 11th March 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 3rd September 2012, 04:23 PM

Version pj64 1.6
windows vista

I'm having the same problem as electric muslim. Edits to characters won't save or stay after exiting smackdown mall. Don't know about doing career mode etc. but I'm not concerned with it.

I've seen different answers in related threads here but I can't figure out what exactly to do. I've deleted .fla and the no mercy rom but that does no good. From what I've read it looks like re-installing pj64 doesn't work either.

Is the answer to delete pj64 from the registry then re-install it? What is the complete answer. As in, if I have to delete files specifically say what files and where or give a good idea where to find them.
Old 4th September 2012, 06:16 PM

I may not get an answer here but I'll rephrase in hope of a better response.

Where might these rom files, pj64, save files or whatever for either one possibly be that need eliminated? It's rather odd that after an uninstall of both then reinstall I still get the same game that can't be edited. It's like a virus that can't be gotten rid of.

Surely someone that has worked on the pj64 or even has computer program knowledge can at least make a guess.

This is obviously a problem for some rare or not. The thread has had 1350 views at the time I type this so it's major concern for some.

I uninstalled pj64, rom, .fla file, went to cheats in I think it was C/program files/software/cheats and deleted those numbers (REG_SZ file I believe) and I still have the same uneditable game.

Is there any software that can find all related files for me?
Old 26th September 2012, 01:02 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Did I forget to mention VirtualStore in this thread?

What was it, C:\users\MyAss\VirtualStore\AppData\Project64 1.6\saves or, something like that.

I hate having to remember this stuff. Somehow I'm admin on Windows 7 x64 and I've accidentally avoided having to interface with VirtualStore.
Old 29th September 2012, 02:56 AM

Thank You very much. I would have never figured it out without your response. I finally can edit my game again.

I'm not sure which of the 5 saves - (2).pj, mpk, .fla, and another No Mercy folder with a No Mercy .pj inside but it doesn't matter. It worked and I'm happy.

In any field or expertise one has they may not understand that a person that doesn't have the same expertise will not be able to "figure it out" based on other responses. I had 2 wrong ideas

1. I saw some answers about VirtualStore in the forum but not my specific problem. I didn't think it applied to me because I thought if I deleted pj64, the game, save files in C:\program files\project641.6\save ......then the virtualstore save (if it was my problem) would also be deleted.

2. I kept looking in the registry and I didn't see
C:\users\[myusername]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Project64 1.6\save (my exact location)
I was instead, of course, supposed to look in USERS (in C: not the registry) and Not go to program Files - PJ64 - saves.

I'm glad I had hidden folders showing already or I would have been stuck wondering where the hidden Appdata folder was.

Long response but I like to explain myself.

Last edited by gamerlamer; 29th September 2012 at 03:05 AM.