Old 25th May 2007, 09:12 PM

Default written by Phantom

Why not sell "licenses" of the emu in eBay, it could be better. 8)
Old 25th May 2007, 10:29 PM
Project Supporter

Problem is, eBay owns PayPal, so there could be a issue similar to the issue with PayPal...........
Old 26th May 2007, 02:40 AM

Default written by Dan

As an employee of PayPal's fraud (or Risk) department, I can shed a little insight to the rumors flying around.
1. eBay owns PayPal, however PayPal was to remain it's own separate operating entity. It has to some extent, but a lot of things are kept secret from most entry-level employees (anyone on the phone that could leak it to the customer)
2. PayPal is pretty strict about its AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) however it doesn't mean that PayPal is going to freeze your account, and freezing your account does not mean you do not get your money.
3. Just like any other large company that deals with money and fraud, they have a huge risk-model that will automatically flag your account if it seems suspicious. This also happens to people who have no fraudulent activity whatsoever, that's why people like me are around to review accounts personally.

I'll talk to our AUP team about this site, see if I can't find out something for you
Old 26th May 2007, 08:42 PM

Default written by Eman

hey there a site for alot of alternatives to donations
go here for the alternatives
http://www.habbo.com.au/credits

i want phone alternatives so bad :_:
Old 27th May 2007, 07:55 AM

Default written by Name

So does this mean we get Project64 1.7 for free?! ;D
Old 28th May 2007, 12:11 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Everyone gets 1.7 for free when it's done, whatever happens - we've been saying this from the start - but if we can't sort this problem out that could be further away since zilmar can't afford to spend as much time on it unfortunately..

Dan,
thanks for posting! it would of course be easier for us to continue using paypal (with or without an alternative) - and the fees are lower for small volumes.. However the impression we were getting from the semi-automated messages seemed clearly to be "don't try it again", so unless someone can please personally get back to us and give the go ahead... we feel like there's not a lot we can do other than finding someone else. if you there's anything you need to discuss with us please send an email to (my name above) at (this domain) thanks very much.
Old 29th May 2007, 03:50 PM
Project Supporter

My account for some reason is being denied by the pj64 1.7 program is this because the donations page is down?
Old 30th May 2007, 10:51 AM

Default written by Dan

Smiff,

Sorry for the delayed reply, it seems that emulation is in Direct violation of the AUP. As the canned-text emails say, "don't try it again" sorry.

It doesn't matter what the method is, or what the money is used for, as long as the site is related to something that violates the AUP, PayPal want's all their logos removed, and more or less, wants nothing to do with your website, ever.

Emulation is a minor offense, do not worry too much about it, and mentioning your site internally does nothing, so don't worry about your account suddenly blowing up now that I said something.

Good luck finding another source, and shop carefully, no one can claim half the security that PayPal provides...
Old 30th May 2007, 11:00 AM

Default written by Dan

Smiff,

I've also sent you an email so you can reply back to my personal email address if you have any further questions, I'm always happy to help those that put so much effort into providing free software
Old 3rd June 2007, 03:15 PM

Default written by Jason W.

What a bunch of nitwits on this site. With the exception of a few, the users here are nothing but a bunch of warez kiddiez that make about $2.00 allowance. No wonder they don't want to donate. People need to grow up and understand what emulation is really all about. The people that will never donate are the people taking issue with what I have said. Now, I know that some of you are going to think you're funny and try to come back with a witty reply. Please, save your ill attempt at wit and focus your energy on something worthwhile - donations! Donate to the fine people working on this emulator that are spending all of their personal time giving YOU something to enjoy.

Tags
site news