Old 3rd June 2007, 07:29 PM

Default written by Psy

I don't see any reason to donate to a project which says its free but REQUIRES an OPTIONAL "donation" of "atleast $20" if you want to get an updated version that will work better with your games...Check ebay, for $20 you can get 2-3 games. Look at the dates on the release pages, alot in 2001, one in 02, then not another till 05..if the trend continues a new public release will not be availible till 2008! I do not call this a viable way to spend your money.

The developers do not do this for a living and there is no evidence that any of the donated money goes towards this project of 1.7 would be out by now.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:37 PM

Default written by GaveUpTomorrow.

To Psy: Yes, but if you would have donated...you would know that you are already at this point getting your money's worth. You're not required to pay a cent either, so calm down...it will be released free when it is done but the team has given us all a chance to test the new versions, give feedback, and thus alter the direction that 1.7 takes before it is released. They have already improved upon/fixed a few things I pointed out...thus meaning that I am helping shape 1.7...and I am sorry, but that is priceless.
Old 4th June 2007, 05:48 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
I don't see any reason to donate to a project which says its free but REQUIRES an OPTIONAL "donation" of "atleast $20" if you want to get an updated version that will work better with your games...Check ebay, for $20 you can get 2-3 games. Look at the dates on the release pages, alot in 2001, one in 02, then not another till 05..if the trend continues a new public release will not be availible till 2008! I do not call this a viable way to spend your money.
And using leaked betas IS? Do I sense hypocrisy here?

Quote:
The developers do not do this for a living and there is no evidence that any of the donated money goes towards this project OR 1.7 would be out by now.
I went to the liberty of correcting your grammar, but there is ZERO excuse to act like a insufferable whiny kid. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with my response, email me directly, and we can have a friendly little chat >. I'M in no mood to tolerate you insulting AND insinuating anything! However, through the relevant channels, contact moi and we can take it from there.... 8)
Old 7th June 2007, 03:39 PM

Default written by Nanogrip

I am sorry to hear the news about the donation problems. Has anyone thought about using Moneybookers? Anyway, I hope things will get resolved and good luck with all things.
Old 9th June 2007, 12:54 AM

Default written by Ian

Hi is there anyway to donate via Cheque? Or even a bank transfer?

Thanks. Ian.
Old 9th June 2007, 01:06 AM

Default written by eman

what about phone is easy and cheaper then a Cheque.
Old 12th June 2007, 02:03 PM

Default written by david

Just so you know i appreciate your hard work and time on this project you by far have the best emulator for n64.I'm signing up just because i appreciate ppl that are still interested in this awesome system.Thanks and i hope you are still around for years to come.It gives me the oppurtunity to find the games i would really enjoy when i'm buying on ebay.I have the system and never will get rid of it.Happy hunting.
Old 16th June 2007, 07:55 AM

Default written by Joshua

I find it kind of odd that the news blogs have completely stopped since the donations page went down.
Old 16th June 2007, 09:42 PM

Default written by pusho

what the hell is wrong with you people if your going to post then post something to do with pj64 donations other wise SHUT UP!!!!!! >
Old 18th June 2007, 02:38 AM

Default written by ??

I listen some rumors that they say that you were given up with the emulator, and it is for that reason that they canceled the donations. Is that true?? I hope it is not it... :'(

Tags
site news