Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 6th June 2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgod666 View Post
My video card is:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile? So you're using a laptop? What's the specs of it, it might be the laptop that's causing this.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Unfortunately, Theshawty is right. It's not exactly the laptop itself, but the laptop is the reason that it will be difficult to impossible to do a driver update off the Intel site for mobile chipsets.

Most Intel graphics chipsets are insufficient for Direct3D and/or OpenGL rendering with things like N64 emulation. You might try using an OGL plugin like glN64 instead of most Direct3D ones to see if that helps you out with your issue, but otherwise all you can do is upgrade your graphics card. Basically buy better hardware.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:10 AM

^ Laptops (or desktops) don't cost an awful lot today.
Old 7th June 2011, 06:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I read someone was thinking about whether to pay $300 or $500 on a new, up-to-scale-for-today PC versus a modern graphics processing chipset, but that was from another forum I checked a couple months back or so that the person had said that.

Personally I haven't bought much of anything except new USB flash drives XD, which yeah could probably cost more in theory up to a point than a new graphics card.
Old 9th June 2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty View Post
Mobile? So you're using a laptop? What's the specs of it, it might be the laptop that's causing this.
YES thats my laptops video card it starts with videocard
i have 2 gb ram
laptop name is: acer aspire 5332
1.9GHz PROCESSOR
note that this happens to most of my games akmost all of them
heres a link to a video i made:
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuopoAE4X9Q )
its goes deeper into the problem from what i have encountered
Old 9th June 2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Unfortunately, Theshawty is right. It's not exactly the laptop itself, but the laptop is the reason that it will be difficult to impossible to do a driver update off the Intel site for mobile chipsets.

Most Intel graphics chipsets are insufficient for Direct3D and/or OpenGL rendering with things like N64 emulation. You might try using an OGL plugin like glN64 instead of most Direct3D ones to see if that helps you out with your issue, but otherwise all you can do is upgrade your graphics card. Basically buy better hardware.
thanks for that information but i still have to show you this that i discovered:
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuopoAE4X9Q )
Old 15th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

And that problem would not be happening with the position-relative drawing of the textures and pad numbers, etc. if you had a higher-end graphics card.
Old 26th June 2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgod666 View Post
yes i have exactly the same problem with many other games
including ocarina of time
its when i get close to a detail, like dirt track carpet and roads they will dissappear in the exact same why as in the dk64 vid
Yes, when you cheat on PJ64, and EVEN on a real N64, weird things happen. Some things lose, or they repeat, and, in fact, there are some others that if you already have, when you get them again, sometimes the game mixes up, freezes, gets jagged up, et cetera. So, it's not suggested to use ALL the cheats at a time. If the cheat has a note, follow it to prevento annoying yourself. Example: In Oot, there's the cheat of levitating, and, where you get to a unreachable ground (note:this doesn't includes real ground that is hard to access), the layes "vanishes" and you begin falling. After a while, you get totally falled and you lose part of the life (like when you fall off a cliff).

Last edited by l30n4rd07; 26th June 2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Correction and grammar
Old 26th June 2011, 03:51 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Project64 Team

You are welcome to upload a save state here, I'll check it out, I have the same video card actually so I'm doubting it's hardware related... sadly the 1.6 is very old at this point so there is also a chance it's been fixed in 1.7

anyway if you upload I can let you know either way.
Old 26th June 2011, 06:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Forgot about save states lol...that would have been simple.

Well I've never had this problem with dk64 only the ones listed in the GameFAQ, but it's hard to test if it's a matter of configuration if this card (I forgot you guys both use an Intel to test XD, another coincidence) if it doesn't allow him to install and use certain other plugins to verify if the glitch is still there and rule that out.

Tags
1.6, bug, n64, project, wierd