Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

Old 19th February 2009, 09:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus83 View Post
I would really, really love to see this feature realised. The only thing I felt lacking while playing PJ64 was this annoying stuttering in almost every game, but I always thought: "Don`t blame the PJ64 guys for it, the original game programmers or even the N64`s hardware are responsible for that!" Well, now I can blame you too, because I did not think there was a fix for this issue

Imagining playing OoC, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini and PD on my 46 inch HDTV in FULL HD and smooth 60 Frames, well, that almost brings tears to my eyes.

I would immediately donate, to get the beta with this feature, don`t want to wait till 2010 anyway.
Yeah, blame the people that have been doing this great project for the N64 fans for free, spending their free time making this. They deserve to be attacked for a project they are doing for fun, because it is not perfect... Oh wait, that'd be ignorant, how about instead you fix it yourself, after all, they arenít doing this for a job, and they are not your public servants to bitch at. If you want someone to fix something for free, you'd best just ****ing do it yourself! Itís not their job to spend 24 7 attempting to make this project perfect for you while you play games on your 46 inch HDTV! They deserve to have fun and do what they like in their free time as well, not just do what you want for free!
Old 28th May 2009, 09:59 PM

I (Klaus83) had to make a new account, because my old one seems to be broken. Doing a new password did not help either.

However, my statement was not meant serious, dude. How can this be misunderstood?

I don`t want to blame anyone, especially those people who created this emulator. Actually I love those guys and appreciate their work in a way you can`t imagine. As I was a little kid, I had a really shitty computer and no real access to games at all, till the glorious day I bought myself a N64, which opened me the world of gaming. Wow, I was so overwhelmed! A lot of my childhood memories is based on that console, so you can probably think of how I feel about this emulator. It literally makes me possible to conserve a very emotional and important part of my life. Well, I hope the missunderstanding concerning my statement about "blaming" is gone now.

Still, I would like to ask, if anything happened in the meanwhile relating the "60 FPS Fix"? I tried out PistolGrips implementation (into the 0.8.5 version of 1964) and the feeling of Goldeneye was just "WOW!". I really would like to see an option in PJ64 1.7 to activate such a "fix" or the possibility to mess around with it by myself (by manipulating variables).

Along with multiplayer functionality this would really be the "Holy Grail" of N64 emulation, like someone above mentioned.
Old 18th October 2009, 03:10 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

hey, did anything ever happen with this? Do the newest betas have support for 60fps perfect dark?
Old 29th October 2009, 07:26 AM

but Perfect dark 64 and goldeneye work perfectly on my computer
Old 5th December 2009, 12:54 AM
Project Supporter

Default perfect dark, goldeneye 007

I can play perfect dark on single player and hit about 55 fps normally but in multiplayer with 8 simulants it goes down to about 30 hope the admins and coders try and fix the latency issue i understand the architechture oof the n64 hardware and i know it uses 32bit 2x rdps to one sound chip maybe the answer and holy grail to perfect emulation is in the ram and thread caching is there anyway to fix the clipping issue in body harvest ive tried every plugin online i swear its a video code error
Old 5th December 2009, 12:55 AM
Project Supporter

I can as well my 9600gt and dual core athlon x2 4200+ 2 gb ram loves it.
But some roms are bad and refuse to be emulated properly
Old 24th December 2009, 04:40 PM

@Lugia & Primeoj

Even if it seems that these games run at 60 fps, because it says so at the bottom right of the window, they don't. That number shows if your PC emulates the N64 machine at full speed (its 60 for NTSC and 50 for PAL).

However the real N64 didn't run Goldeneye or Perfect Dark at 60 fps... I think the only game that was so smooth on the real N64 was F-Zero X. If a game slows down on the real N64, it will also slowdown on the emulator too, even if you have a 10GHz cpu or something. And both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark could use a smoother framerate (especially PD).

What the OP suggests is a way for the emulator to take advantage of the extra CPU power to make those games run faster (faster=smoother, not in fast forward ) than they do on the real machine. I tried the hacked 1964 version that allow this kind of thing and these games shine! Especially Perfect Dark that had heavy frame-rate problems. Playing it at solid 60 FPS makes it an almost different experience!

Last edited by Imgema; 24th December 2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 17th November 2010, 07:57 AM

Was this ever implemented? It's been 2 years now. Currently the only version of this in the world that works right is that hacked build of 1964 0.8.5 which sucks. I would gladly donate to pj1.7 if I knew this feature was in.
Old 18th November 2010, 01:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Wasn't this just some overclock or hack fix of some sort? I don't remember exactly what this did, but I do remember Smiff coincidentally discussing this in the alpha forum shortly before this thread was started.
Old 18th November 2010, 09:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Vi refresh modifier.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1