Old 15th February 2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappieroth132 View Post
my emu doesnt want too go 1080p with glide :/
is that bcus i installed the emu on my C:\Program Files (x86) ?
aswell as the texute enchantments which you mention in another thread?
Then use a Glide Wrapper...I use nGlide....

~Groucho Marx
Old 15th February 2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappieroth132 View Post
my emu doesnt want too go 1080p with glide :/
is that bcus i installed the emu on my C:\Program Files (x86) ?
aswell as the texute enchantments which you mention in another thread?
Then use a Glide Wrapper...I use nGlide....as for the files...."Program Files (x86)" executes software in 32bit mode regardless...."Program Files" executes in 64bit and can use 32bit memory address spaces.

The issues you are having with Glide64 have nothing to do with whether or not you run PJ64 in a 32bit (ie "C:\Program Files (x86)") or 64bit ("C:\Program Files") folder space....PJ64 2.1 comes with a file called "glide3x.dll"...That is the call for the 3DFX-Glide API. The reason I suggest nGlide as a Glide wrapper is because it installs to your Windows system folder as if it were an actual API rather like Direct X or OpenGL...

Other memory errors might occur with your controller plugin...nRage might be the culprit to blame for this the most...If you are using the nRage's Direct Input controller plugin you have to set the plugin settings so that the controller you are using is set up has a memory pack...and uncheck the box that says "Raw Data" so that the emulator can handle your saves.

~Groucho Marx
Old 15th February 2015, 12:28 PM
Project Supporter

He doesn't need a glide wrapper (which, for the hundred time, doesn't work with PJ64Glide as this one has the wrapper built into the DLL, all the operating system and hence your nglide bs sees are OpenGL calls), he needs to move PJ64 to a directory where he has write access to so that he can actually change the settings. @zappieroth132 move you PJ64 to a directory where you have write access to like C:/Users/youruser
Old 15th February 2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
He doesn't need a glide wrapper (which, for the hundred time, doesn't work with PJ64Glide as this one has the wrapper built into the DLL, all the operating system and hence your nglide bs sees are OpenGL calls), he needs to move PJ64 to a directory where he has write access to so that he can actually change the settings. @zappieroth132 move you PJ64 to a directory where you have write access to like C:/Users/youruser

Or...he could just run PJ64 as Administrator.....and for the 101st time....nGlide acts as an API.....it wraps around Direct X API calls...the "glide3x.dll" file in the main PJ64 directory is meant to call for an active Glide API installed in the system files of Windows (as in installed by nGlide) so that the Glide64 plugin in "Plugins\GFX" directory can properly function without crashing when switching between windowed and full screen modes....which I believe is one of the issues that the OP was running into.

~Groucho Marx

Last edited by Wally123; 15th February 2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 15th February 2015, 03:50 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
Or...he could just run PJ64 as Administrator.....and for the 101st time....nGlide acts as an API.....it wraps around Direct X API calls...the "glide3x.dll" file in the main PJ64 directory is meant to call for an active Glide API installed in the system files of Windows (as in installed by nGlide) so that the Glide64 plugin in "Plugins\GFX" directory can properly function without crashing when switching between windowed and full screen modes....which I believe is one of the issues that the OP was running into.
One shouldn't run a program like PJ64 as administrator it's a potential security risk for the 102nd time glide3x.dll isn't present when one uses PJ64Glide because the wrapper is in the dll itself, the story is different if you are using Glide64 Final but that's not what is available by default and if you are using that with Nglide, this still wouldn't be recommended as Glide64's wrapper is custom tailored to the plugin and contains a certain set of guarantees that general purpose wrappers may or may not provide. And OP never said something about PJ64 itself crashing so I doubt this is the issue he ran into
Old 15th February 2015, 07:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
.....and for the 101st time....nGlide acts as an API.....it wraps around Direct X API calls...
Wally you've got me curious.

Does every "....." symbolize how desperately you're trying not to laugh your ass off while writing this stuff?
Just an honest guess. Really haha.
Old 18th February 2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Wally you've got me curious.

Does every "....." symbolize how desperately you're trying not to laugh your ass off while writing this stuff?
Just an honest guess. Really haha.

Pretty much :-) It usually happens when I am either giving an option, stating a point that I am tired of stating, and only when I know I am absolutely sure I am correct. It kinda depends on context too....I find "orrrrr" or "ooooor" and other soliloquies of that nature to be quite annoying at times, so "..." can also mean an emphasis of a pause to gather a thought as I type.

~Groucho Marx

Last edited by Wally123; 18th February 2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 4th September 2017, 07:17 PM

Default How to fix fullscreen speed

The trick to getting fullscreen to work without hte game going super fast and crashing is to (while running a game):

- Goto options>settings>config: (game name)
- UNcheck "Fixed Audio Timing"
- CHECK 'Sync using Audio"

That will keep the timing the same no matter what the screen size is
Old 5th September 2017, 05:49 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
One shouldn't run a program like PJ64 as administrator it's a potential security risk for the 102nd time glide3x.dll isn't present when one uses PJ64Glide because the wrapper is in the dll itself, the story is different if you are using Glide64 Final but that's not what is available by default and if you are using that with Nglide, this still wouldn't be recommended as Glide64's wrapper is custom tailored to the plugin and contains a certain set of guarantees that general purpose wrappers may or may not provide. And OP never said something about PJ64 itself crashing so I doubt this is the issue he ran into
as soon as its on your computer its a security risk, using security as a reason not to run a safely obtained application as admin is just ludicrous.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 16th September 2017, 04:17 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

SECURITY!!! Get this guy out of here!

he's right tho. assuming he meant safely obtained = you compiled it and nothing in the source is malicious