Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 26th August 2017, 11:31 AM

Default Help - HDMI Audio issue using Glide64 plugin

Hello,

Using project 64 2.3.2.202 with default settings for everything.

I decided to change the video plugin to the built in Glide64 2.1.2.202 instead of Jaba Direct 3d8 1.7.0.57-Ver5. I did this because I found it plays Mario Party 2 much better without any flickering.

When I was using Jaba connected via HDMI to my TV I was able to go in and out of full screen without any problems.

HOWEVER when I use glide64 over HDMI the audio works perfectly UNTIL I switch to full screen. When I go to full screen I lose audio. The TV almost recalibrates it's self as I switch to full screen and in that process I'm losing the audio.

The resolutions of the plugins are exactly the same both the windowed and full screen resolutions.

I really hope someone can help me. What is going on? Why is there a recalibrating kind of delay when I switch to full screen using glide that seems to knock out the audio in the process?
Old 26th August 2017, 11:45 AM

Default Fixed

Wow, what a roller coaster.

Essentially, not only did the full screen resolution for glide have to be the same as the resolution my laptop was currently sending (i.e the res of windows desktop) but glide had to be set to the same HZ rate. I found the HZ rate by right clicking on the desktop in windows, going to graphics properties which loaded my intel graphics options. I went into display and found out it was on 50HZ.

I then went out and changed the glide resolution to 1080 and 50hz and immediately I was able to switch to full screen without losing audio.

Unbelievable.