Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 27th August 2017, 05:30 PM

Default LoZ - OoT -Zora diving game won't give the silver scale

Hello, first off I want to say this is the first time using this forum and I have read the rules.

So, the problem. I as young Link goes to Zora's Domain and do the diving game. When I complete it he even says that he got something special but when I go up to him again and talk to him he just ask for me to play another game instead of giving me the scale.

Of course it could have different causes so I also tried a different version of the emulation with no better result.
Old 28th August 2017, 02:18 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Have you been using saved states or cheat codes?

Be sure you're only saving by pausing the game and pressing B, not by using any of Project64's external features. If that doesn't get the silver scale going, your SRAM save might be screwed over by using saved states in Project64 too much. Good luck repairing it since I don't know of a save editor for OOT.
Old 28th August 2017, 02:22 AM

Yes I have been using save states but not much. However when I shutdown or like quit playing I use the normal save function.

No I have not used cheatcodes.

And as an alternative, can't I grow older and get the golden scale instead meaning you skip the silver one. I can't seem to really remember to well if you actually need it or not.

Thanks for your answer anyways.
Old 28th August 2017, 02:50 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

If loading the native save file doesn't let you get the silver scale from the zora, then the SRAM seems to store an event flag saying you've collected the silver scale without also storing the actual possession of the item in your Equipment sub-screen. A likely artifact of relying on saved states too frequently.

Yes, you're right that you can go straight for the Golden Scale. You don't need the Silver Scale to get it. You can also just cheat with GameShark since the save file got the bits messed up in the first place from getting the Silver Scale, so you could cheat to force having that.