Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 28th September 2015, 02:45 PM

Default Path Textures Flickering and Disappearing in Zelda OoT

Hello, I recently started to use this emulator for The Legend of Zelda OoT and I'm having a problem with the path textures, it seems that whenever I'm on them they disappear and when I'm near them they flicker a lot. When I'm a good bit away I can see them just fine and there is no flickering or disappearing. I'm running an integrated Intel chip HD Graphics 4600. And I've tried a number of combinations in the advance setting of the graphics plugin and have had no success, any suggestions on what i can do?
Old 28th September 2015, 05:48 PM
Project Supporter

Use pjglide64 instead of jabo's it has overall better compatibility albeit a bit more taxing on the graphics card, though a intel HD 4600 should be enough, make sure to update your graphics card driver's through intels driver update tool before reporting any problems that may arise from using it
Old 28th September 2015, 11:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushdalush View Post
Hello, I recently started to use this emulator for The Legend of Zelda OoT and I'm having a problem with the path textures, it seems that whenever I'm on them they disappear and when I'm near them they flicker a lot. When I'm a good bit away I can see them just fine and there is no flickering or disappearing. I'm running an integrated Intel chip HD Graphics 4600. And I've tried a number of combinations in the advance setting of the graphics plugin and have had no success, any suggestions on what i can do?
You can either other plugins (like Rice Video or Glide64), or use 3D Analyze. It's a known issue with Intel IGPs.

Check this thread out, if you're interested in using a workaround for plugins like Jabo's. http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=4948
Old 29th September 2015, 02:15 PM

Thank you very much, might you be able to direct me to a thread that explains how to use other plugins with this emulator?
Old 29th September 2015, 02:58 PM
Project Supporter

Options -> Settings -> Untick Hide Advanced Settings, reopen the dialog, go to plugins, switch the graphics plugin, (make plugin specific settings in the appropiate submenu under options) load ROM
Old 30th September 2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1del View Post
Options -> Settings -> Untick Hide Advanced Settings, reopen the dialog, go to plugins, switch the graphics plugin, (make plugin specific settings in the appropiate submenu under options) load ROM
Thank you much!
Old 30th September 2015, 01:00 PM

I couldn't get glide64 to work properly. I did get Rice to work, but sadly instead of flickering path textures, I don't have path textures at all. Anything I have to adjust in the settings? Or should I try a different graphics plugin all together?
Old 30th September 2015, 02:16 PM
Project Supporter

The thread linked by RPGMaster contains a method to make it work with jabo's. However if you can't get glide to work with an intel HD4600 you likely haven't installed the correct drivers use Intel's driver update utility
Old 1st October 2015, 01:46 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
I couldn't get glide64 to work properly. I did get Rice to work, but sadly instead of flickering path textures, I don't have path textures at all. Anything I have to adjust in the settings? Or should I try a different graphics plugin all together?
With Rice, you need to set Depth buffer to 32bit. If you're using Glide64Final, be sure to download the wrapper and put it in the same directory as the emulator exe. Also if that's not the issue you have with Glide64, please elaborate on what's wrong .
Old 14th December 2015, 08:54 PM

Cool

Quote:
Intel just can't properly render these.
I had the same thing on my old computer. I didn't even know I was missing something until I played on my friend's computer (who had an ATI card).