Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 28th January 2015, 05:21 AM

Default Shadows of the Empire runs too fast

Hello,

I know this is an old problem, but I've searched and tried so many different things and Shadows of the Empire just runs too fast.

I d/l'd Pj64 and Shadows, started the game, fixed the flicker issue, and the game was running kind of fast for a lot of it. I manage to get a hold of it, but during the swoop bike level, the in game speed is stupid fast, I honestly can't play it because I can't control it, and the screen started to flicker, again.

I installed and configured Glide64, flicker fixed again, I read the common fixes to disable the Fixed Audio Timing for the speed thing, no luck what so ever.

I'm trying to research back into it, but what I find online is all old and not up to date info. Telling me to change settings that don't even exist.

As for specs (if it matters):
Asus RoG G51 on Windows XP SP3
Intel Core 2 duo CPU
P7350 @2.00GHz
2.00GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28th January 2015, 08:52 AM
Project Supporter

After disabling fixed audio timing, you should also enable sync to audio in the audio plugin. Aside from that there have been some timing fixes in the git version so the next release should be working better. (Are you using a PAL rom? that could also contribute to the fact, should also be somewhat mitigated in latest source)
Old 28th January 2015, 10:12 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Try adjusting CF (counter factor).
Old 28th January 2015, 07:14 PM

V1del: I enabled Sync to Audio, that is how I fixed the flickering from the start of it all.

GIT version? Negative of the PAL thing, its all US.

RPG Master: How do I adjust the Counter Factor and what parameters am I going to be looking set it at?
Old 29th January 2015, 12:51 AM

Never mind, I figured out how to access Counter Factor. Fixed the speed just enough to beat the stage. Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 29th January 2015, 01:28 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracul View Post
Never mind, I figured out how to access Counter Factor. Fixed the speed just enough to beat the stage. Thank you for the suggestion!
Np. Glad I could help .
Old 10th March 2015, 06:52 AM

I d/l'd Pj64 and Shadows, started the game, fixed the flicker issue, and the game was running kind of fast for a lot of it. I manage to get a hold of it, but during the swoop bike level, the in game speed is stupid fast, I honestly can't play it because I can't control it, and the screen started to flicker, again.