Old 12th September 2009, 08:38 AM

Still no results for "*.eep" or ".eep". Any way to make the folder unhidden?
Old 12th September 2009, 01:00 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Since there are no results I am thinking possibilities, you either have no EEPROM save for Mario Party 2, the file itself is hidden or in a Windows system-marked folder, ....

In Windows Vista, it looks like in the Search there is an extender in the upper-right labeled "Advanced Search". Click that for new options to mark such as "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)".
Now try searching again...also see if you can get results for "*.PJ.ZIP" in case your saves are actually emulator states.
I would also specify the Location drop-down field to your disk drive where you have Project64 stored.

To remove hidden/system attributes from specific files and folders, we need to find the directory first. If you right-click the entire parent folder of where you have Project64 1.6 installed though, if you have gray or semi check boxes in the Hidden or System fields that would suggest that parts in the folder are marked that way, just for evidence.

How have you been saving your game actually? Has the progress been saving automatically as natural, or did you like hit F5 to use Project64 to make a reference point to switch to in order to restore your progress?
Old 12th September 2009, 08:36 PM

Okay, I tried the advance search options as you advised with no results.

When I tried right-clicking the folder containing PJ64, only "Read Only" was grayed out and check marked. I can put a check mark by "Hidden" and there's no check mark next to it.

I've been saving with a combination of both. I used F5 to savestate because PJ64 1.6 sometimes crashes with errors when I play. But the game also saves naturally, so I just load the rom to play and not use a savestate to load.

Locating the savestate would do equally well for me too if the system saves are too difficult to find.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:18 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

wow okays first did you also search for "*.PJ.ZIP"? That is the extension for save states used by PJ64 1.6.

If the parent folder's option to decide Hidden attribute is completely unchecked/blank that means the full directory listing is public...or there is a System attribute someone threw in for the PROJEC~1\SAVE folder.

Also from the sound of it, make sure then that the "Hidden" attribute was already unmarked, blank and unchecked when you first opened folder properties. Modify as such, and save changes if that was not already the case.

Otherwise yeah, man I wish I could see for myself.

Try creating a batch file.
Right-click somewhere in the background of the folder where you have Project64 1.6 installed, (I mean inside that folder where the files for it are.) go New and then Text Document.

Open the TXT text file to edit it, and past the following script code in.

Code:
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\COMMAND.COM
Rename the extension of the text file from ".TXT" to ".BAT". When you next open the file it is loaded as a DOS batch script.

If you get a new window with a black background, OEM font and command line interface, enter the following text: "CD SAVE".
You will either get a response message "Invalid directory", or you will see the location change with a "...\SAVE" extension added to it, which proves that the default and configured folder for storing your saves does exist.

If this ends up in failure I have another thought left, specific to the fact that we both used Vista. I forgot some directories are virtual, though apparently for me that never was the case.
Old 13th September 2009, 01:48 AM

Argh! I can only create a new folder by right-clicking the background. And yes, I did check for the savestate extension.

I uploaded the entire PJ64 folder as it is so you can see firsthand how cheap this is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHOJRJ9K

Can you please look at it and see what the rip is going on?
Old 13th September 2009, 02:13 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I checked everything about the folder you sent.

I even ran Project64 1.6 from what you gave me, but when I tried playing Mario Party 2 it looks like there was no save data for it.

I can tell you something else.
Right after I started the game, the "Save" folder was created where you didn't have it.

All of this seems to suggest that our folder settings may indeed be different.

I took a screen shot of mine, differences from yours?

It could also just be the fact that you archived it, so try copying your upload to some other location on disk to see if effects are different.
Old 13th September 2009, 03:12 AM

No differences in directory paths.

When you said I might have archived it, I immediately moved the PJ64 folder to my desktop from Program Files. I loaded Mario Party 2 and the Save folder was created, but then I seemed to have lost my previous auto save data.

Is there any way to retrieve that auto save data again? And now, I'm confused about where the emulator was pulling the save data when I had the folder in Program Files.

There was save data somewhere in that folder before, so where did it go when I moved the folder?
Old 13th September 2009, 03:22 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I was able to recall the first mention of Vista's virtual store method.

See these links or this post
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showpost.php?p=3210

of this thread:
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=149

I can't really witness it myself yet for some reason, even though we both use Vista, but I am almost positive this will mean something to you.
Old 13th September 2009, 03:46 AM

Wow, I would've never figured that out. I recovered the save files, so thank you for all of your help!

And another question: I keep getting a DirectInput7 error which freezes the emulation. Do you know any way to treat this? I'm hoping it's not a bug with the emulator itself.
Old 13th September 2009, 03:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah I wouldn't have found that out either.

First if this really is, quote for quote, a "DirectInput7" error I haven't read about that before.
For my own reference will you replicate what exactly that error said?

To fix it usually depends on the error you get, but you don't really have to answer as to what it is.
You can just use a new controller plug-in.

N-Rage's DirectInput8 supports way more than Jabo's controller one does.
If you want to give that a shot, go Options/Settings..., and change the controller plug-in to N-Rage's DirectInput8....

Otherwise we need to know the error.