Old 9th October 2009, 09:25 AM

Default Graphical glitches?

Well I recently got Project 64 and currently am playing Bomberman 64. The transparency on many objects doesn't seem to work such as the large cystal in the first level. Is there any way to fix this? I Asked someone else who was supposedly familiar with the emulator but all their advice did was make the titlescreen and levelselect screen totally black even after reverting the settings back to what they were before messing with it.
EDIT: Also on the level select screen which cards you have or not aren't transparent which is a bother, is this a known unfixable problem or can it be fixed is pretty much what I registered to ask if my babbling was unclear. I'm not the best at phrasing things, sorry. Also, Revenge of the Black Screen when I fought a boss. It'll spastically flicker black and then eventually stop showing anything at all. The title of the stage will pop up but that's all, and it's only for this boss no other level so far.

While I'm on the subject of graphical glitches some games have brightly coloured lines around images in the background, the credits of Kirby 64 and the opening of Mischief Makers in specific, is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by Kiwa; 9th October 2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 9th October 2009, 02:07 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

enable the advanced display options and set d3d clear mode.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 9th October 2009, 05:21 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

For the other issues, either try older plug-ins, or update your graphics card.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
enable the advanced display options and set d3d clear mode.
That was the first thing I did and it had no effect. I'm going to try it again just incase I did something wrong though. What should I have it set to? "Default" "Only Per Frame" or "Always"?
EDIT: Setting it to "Only Per Frame" Allows me to play the boss stage. I must have overlooked it when I first started. Thank you for this advice which prompted me to try ALL of the settings this time.

Last edited by Kiwa; 9th October 2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
For the other issues, either try older plug-ins, or update your graphics card.
Older plug-ins make the entire game go all black and unplayable. Why would it be my graphics card though? I could run games like Fallout 3 perfectly fine.
Old 10th October 2009, 02:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The controllers for the results you get in graphics emulation are the plug-ins--which if you are using the defaults as you evidently are, that is not the issue here--and your graphics processing technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwa View Post
I could run games like Fallout 3 perfectly fine.
That doesn't automatically mean one emulated game won't have worse issues.

edit..."Only per frame" is supposed to be the default RDB setting for Bomberman 64...I did miss the external configuration factor...you should try updating the Project64.rdb file, or just re-install Project64.

Last edited by HatCat; 10th October 2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10th October 2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
The controllers for the results you get in graphics emulation are the plug-ins--which if you are using the defaults as you evidently are, that is not the issue here--and your graphics processing technology.

That doesn't automatically mean one emulated game won't have worse issues.

edit..."Only per frame" is supposed to be the default RDB setting for Bomberman 64...I did miss the external configuration factor...you should try updating the Project64.rdb file, or just re-install Project64.
It was but I must have screwed around with it when I first started up the game and forgot I changed it.
Old 10th October 2009, 03:45 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

For sure, if re-installing Project64 doesn't fix those major issues, you need to upgrade your graphics card or update drivers.

If you don't believe me you can ask the other tens of people, only among whom I already know, who don't have any such of these issues. They are specific to your system and those of the few others' who start threads here reporting major issues that no one else remembers.

Last edited by HatCat; 10th October 2009 at 03:47 AM.